Remington Announces New R-51 Pistol

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by cloudbuster, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Remington Announces R51 Pistol Exchange General Firearms Forum Jul 31, 2014
    Remington 870 Magnum with Surefire Forend Firearms Listings Sunday at 2:29 PM
    Remington 870 Tactical Shotguns Aug 19, 2015
    Remington 870 synthetic stock for 12 gauge Gun Parts & Accessories Aug 19, 2015
    Remington 700 quality glass and a ton of extras Firearms Listings Aug 13, 2015

2. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

That does look nice but you should ask a mod to move this thread to General Firearms.

3. That's the nicest glock I have ever seen!:tongueout:

4. Oops. Picked wrong forum by accident. Don't know how to ask a moderator....

5. No interest in a 7+1 anything.

6. NIB

NIB

Hey look at that! Nobody asked Remington for a single stack 9mm and they're making one!

7. I think this platform is a most excellent idea. My wife has very small hands and a single stack 1911 is about the only gun she can really shoot well. She carries using a purse built with a holster that hides the gun in the lining. She only has Kimbers and doesn't want to lose a 1000 dollar gun to property if she is forced to shoot someone. She had a Khar MK9 but hated the long trigger pull. I think this will be perfect for her.... IMO I might even get one for me as a back up to my carry gun.(Glock 19 second gen.)

#7 tacops5372, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  8. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

:rofl:

9. righteoushoot

righteoushoot Deluxe Member

If it feels good and it doesn't pinch my trigger finger, could be a buyer. Does the trigger go straight back or pivot?

I think it looks like a Ruger SR9 snuck out, got drunk and picked up a Bulgarian Makarov, and this is the product of their forbidden luv. :supergrin:

10. Not too sure what to think about the grip safety myself. Guess I could get used to it.

11. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

True, this little gun has quite a mountain to climb - Mt. Glock.

12. I think it looks like a ray-gun from a 50's sci-fi movie, but I like it. I also like that it is a single stack, small framed 9mm. Something Glock should have targeted before coming out with a new .380.

13. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

I'll take one. I like how it doesn't have the stupid loaded chamber indicator on top of the slide like the Ruger pistols. I'd probably pick up the .40 model and rosewood grip panels.

14. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I don't get people having an aversion to grip safeties. My first auto pistol was a Colt MkIV Series 70, I still have a Colt 1903 32 and other 1911s and I had an XD Tactical 45. The grip safety has never been a problem for me.

Obviously what ever works for you is fine with me, I have just never had any problem with a grip safety.

15. barth

barth six barrels

I think I've seen this Remington before???
    [​IMG]

16. Should work well, grip looks good, and I like the idea of another single stack 9, but am I the only one that thinks it looks like it shoots lasers?

17. wlkjr

The Great Swami says he sees one in my future. The wife says "oooouuuu I like that, wonder how it shoots."
    Looks like a replacement for the Nano, since Glock had no vision.

18. With a total and bias prediction I think the R51 will be a total flop and a MIM nightmare. The Glock 42 will be a huge hit and sell like hotcakes..........

19. NIB

NIB

Yeah I remember the Glock Aid drinkers here on this forum predicting that the S&W M&P was going to be a flop and a failure back in 2005.