close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

remington 870 which model ...

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by wallyglock, Apr 21, 2012.

1. wallyglock

wallyglock

Mar 1, 2005
    in.
    am enjoying the gab here about all the neat home defense shotguns that are in use , mossberg , remington , pumps auto's etc.

after having been without such gun for several years , i was at a gun show just a couple of years ago
    and spied a neat mod 870 plain ' riot type " all black shotgun for a little over 3 bills.
    it has all black nylon
    hardware and the mag extension tube w/ sling swivels attached .
    all it says on the gun for identification purposes is " remington model 870 " and 2 3/4 " or 3" shells. cant find a model or identification on it other than those markings.
    is it an express model or ?? i believe the trigger and guard are plastic as i recall.
    and by the way , the only few times i had the gun out i am HIGHLY satisfied with it ! smooth action , reliable as a hammer and does its job well !

2. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    Yes, it is an Express in matte finish. The 2 3/4 or 3" shells is stamped on the barrel.

3. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Member Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    NV
    Since this is the "Tactical Shotgun" forum, I say you should get the Remington 870 Tactical model.

4. GumbyDammit

GumbyDammit Xtra CoCheese

I believe that is actually sold as the 870 HD as in "Home Defense". I've also seen one with a compensator.

I have the same gun prior to them adding the designation but sans sling swivels. It's a solid performer. Hard to beat the versatility and utility. When I go camping it goes on the rollbar of my Jeep.

5. Dogbite

Dogbite DNT TREAD ON ME

May 20, 2000
    Tennessee
    The 870 in any flavor is definitely a solid performer. They put it out in many forms, from the wood stocked riot gun (old school) to the all black 7 shot tube i think? synthetic job. I believe that one is called the 870 tactical.

6. Buffering

Buffering The Cooler

Aug 8, 2005
    Rocking the Casbah
    What kind of candle is that? By the looks of your flashlight, I'm going to say it's Glazed Brown Sugar Caramel from the 99 Cents Only store.

7. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    870P is my choice, I have two of them. One for duty use and the other for HD.

8. harleytech

harleytech

Feb 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    +1...!

9. deadcalm4u

deadcalm4u overkill

Nov 16, 2003
    state of denial
    Ohlight M30, and ?

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  10. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Good guns - I've used mine for competition, training and hunting since about 1997, never had a problem with it.