close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Remington 870 Synthetic Recoil Reduction

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by themiller, Nov 20, 2010.

1. themiller

themiller

Jan 10, 2010
    So, while on my way to the store for the 10GA I talked about earlier, I ended up seeing this new (used) 870 Express Magnum. $200 some out the door, so I picked it up.

Problem is - it has the synthetic woodgrain looking stock, and everything I read is how "Limbsaver pads don't fit" and this that and the other thing. I plan on getting an 18.5" barrel with night sites for the wife, and I want it to be as tame as possible for her as she'll probably be taking it through a shotgun course in the near future, and I know shooting prone slugs and buckshot can really take it out of ya. Oh, and we're not all tacticool about the Knoxx.

So - should I get a grind to fit and have a gunsmith do that, or am I missing some part # that I can just order. I (she) don't /doesn't want a slip-on.

2. B.Reid

B.Reid

Jun 20, 2005
    Montana
    Take it to a gunsmith he will not charge much for labor plus the cost of the pad. But it will be done right.