close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Remington 597 HB

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by mac66, Jul 17, 2013.

1. mac66

mac66
    Expand Collapse
    Huge Member
    Millennium Member

Saw the heavy barrel version of the 597 at the local Dunham's last Saturday. Darn nice looking rifle, very tacti-cool. Saw it was going on sale on Sunday/Monday for $200. ($211.99 w/tax) Included a 3x9 scope.

Went back and picked one up on Monday and mounted/bore sighted the scope. Also mounted a sling. Took it up to my hunting property yesterday to sight it in.

[​IMG]

Three shots to get it into the black and then this is 5 shot group from a measured 25 meters, prone with a loop sling using bulk Blazer ammo. Temp was 96 degrees amid swarms of mosquitos. The scope that came with it is a cheap Chinese POS with too high rings that you can't mount far enough forward.

That is a one inch black square BTW...

[​IMG]

Group covered by a 1/2" square

[​IMG]

Yeah I was impressed with this bargain priced target rifle. Just imagine what it would do off a bench with a good scope and ammo?

#1 mac66, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  2. GSSF17

GSSF17
    Expand Collapse
    ...2 of 'em

Cool! I have heard the triggers are terrible, so with some excellent glass and maybe a trigger-tune, you could drive nails with that sucker!

Great rifle and good shooting. :thumbsup:

3. Jackalo626

Jackalo626
    Expand Collapse

I have had the same gun for a few years and the green was a Dicks only color at the time. I got the scope also and it was around $160 then. It shoots great and I like it over 10/22 for the full size stock and hb for considerably less and most guys say they get better accuracy out of the box than a 10/22.

4. mac66

mac66
    Expand Collapse
    Huge Member
    Millennium Member

I remember seeing them on sale all the time for under $200 ($170-180 range) in the past. Never knew much about them or was interested. Kind of wish I'd of gotten one sooner, but I am happy with with what I got and the price is a good bang for the buck.