Remington 1911 thoughts?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by tua05737, Apr 11, 2012.

1. a masterpiece!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

That's the end result of a professional make over! :rofl:

3. faawrenchbndr

CLM

Awesome,..........I prefer the verticle serrations & less roll marks on the GI

4. To get back to the OP's question, I have a Rem. R1 with 1395 shots through it. The gun goes bang with every trigger pull and that includes ball, LSWC and the only hollowpoint I've tried, 230 gr Golden Sabre.

My pistol can be picky as to magazines, all have fed, but some Metalforms will not hold the slide back after the last shot and will stick so I have to use a screw driver to get them out. I have 4 Remington mags and all have been 100% as have a couple of Wilsons.

If I have one complaint, it's the series 80 trigger. In all fairness it has vastly improved over the 1395 rounds.

So I can recommend the R1, but if you can find a Ruger SR1911 or Colt new roll marked 1991 I'd pick them.

5. Exactly.

7. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Don't know why it'd be hard to believe. Like others you "assume" that you know me and make judgments about me without knowing me at all.:upeyes:

Not sure that an "idiot scratch" is and my sig line listed my TWO current firearms, a S&W 642-2, 38spl and an ATI 1911GI-E. Not sure were you got three from.:dunno:

You go do that now, we'd not want the poor thing to get hungry. :rofl:

8. faawrenchbndr

CLM

Novice? Ya think? :dunno:

9. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

Occasionally :whistling:
    BTW the OD green while not true to the original looks ok on this model IMO.

10. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

IF it were an O.D. Green Glock you'd have folks lined up to buy it.:supergrin:

11. faawrenchbndr

CLM

No,........

12. Found sprinfield army range officer...jumped on it..wat a gorgeous gun..thanks for all the advice

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

13. faawrenchbndr

CLM

Dang good choice,........:thumbsup:

14. Great choice.

15. i really like my R1......IMO its the best 600 and under 1911 on the market.....and its made in usa which for me is the only 1911 ill even look at....Its a tank and looks great and shoots straight

16. faawrenchbndr

CLM

Darn good news,.......I may get one in a year or so.
    How about a pic?

17. I don't think you will get near the product support out of Remington that would from Springfield. Any entry level 1911 may need some tweaking and Springfield is good about taking care of their customers.

18. Through personal experience (Including just recently with an r1 enhanced) I can say while Remington's customer service is not BAD.... It certainly is far from GOOD!

20. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

That's why all the OD Glocks were selling for $300-350 until they were all gone. No one wanted one. So Glock flushed them. Then, when all the people who didn't want them to begin with realized that they were no longer available, once again due to piss poor sales, they became all the rage for collectors and their prices went through the roof.