close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Remember, when someone says...

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by railfancwb, Jun 28, 2013.

1. jeanderson

jeanderson Toga!... Toga! Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Ohio
    I'm not getting the "it's not about money" angle here. The Supreme Court decision on DOMA is about discrimination. To me, the advocates for the "Respect for Marriage" act are trying to usurp the rights of states to define marriage.

2. Kablam

Kablam

Jan 12, 2005
    So the striking down of DOMA didn't remedy discrimination against gay married couples as neatly as I was told in another thread here. Now we need a "respect for marriage act" to fix it. So, MORE legislation is needed because we don't want to fix the more basic problem of giving benefits to the "married class" that the "unmarried class" is denied. This is just one example how the gov dividing society along arbitrary lines and deciding which group deserves special treatment is a bad idea. And, of course, it is at least in part about the money.

3. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon

exactly

....why else would all the homos want to be 'married'??

4. I'm sure if the 1136 benefits afforded to married couples suddenly went away there would be no public outcry from the heterosexuals, because for heterosexuals it's not about money.

5. Why does the government give special rights, privileges and tax breaks to married couples, while denying them to single people?

Is this a legitimate and necessary purpose of government?

6. I guess you'd have to ask the 84% married Congress :dunno:

7. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    No...

The government shouldn't even know if you are married

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  8. Kablam

Kablam

Jan 12, 2005
    Ding ding!

Thank you. Someone besides me finally said it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013