close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Rem owners..

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Z71, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Z71

Z71

Oct 29, 2006
    OK
    Remington 1911 R1 owners..check your rear sight set screws..probably better check the front sight screw too.

I've read of the rear sights working loose on the Rem's..and have been keeping an eye on mine...All has been fine until yesterday...I wiped the gun down yesterday evening after firing a 150 rounds..and the rear sight screw had loosened up.

No big deal...I just put the sight back where it needed to be..and tightened the screw...but I've had experience with rear sights flying clean off other handguns with set-screw retained sights...not a good thing.

2. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    This is a good thing to check regularly on any gun. It happens. My sights are still rock solid on my R1, but thanks for a good reminder.

3. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    Rock solid sights on mine and I've had it since the first ones showed up at the shop.

4. Z71

Z71

Oct 29, 2006
    OK
    The rear sight on mine has been 'rock solid'..and I had figured out which size Allen wrench fits the sight screws and checked for tight..appeared tight just a couple weeks back.

Was loose enough I could slide the blade around by hand easily. I guess really not a bad feature..if it will stay put without having to loc-tite the blade in place.