Reloads in Glock?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Nemesis., Feb 14, 2013.

1. I'm pretty sure most, if not all, firearm manufacturers state not to use hand loaded ammunition in their firearms. And that doing so voids the implied factory warranty. Pay attention to what you're doing when reloading, and don't push your loads to the extreme, and there shouldn't be a problem.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 rl356, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  2. That is lawyer CYA talk to void their liability because of someone's stupidity or carelessness.

3. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I'd bet that my quality control is far better than WW or Fed.

4. Everyone does not shoot reloads?
    News to me:rofl:

5. No, you see what happend to the gold fish you promised to feed!

You can shoot lead through it if you clean out the barrel properly. I'm too lazy to risk it so I just use plated bullets for my game guns.

6. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

That's true. Pure economics drives people to reload.

7. I've been shooting my handloads in Glocks since about 1988? or so. And when I started, there wasn't any info about shooting lead in them, either. I can't imagine how many lead bullets I sent downrange in IPSC in my G19 and later a G17. Some were hardcast from local casters, and others were LEE TL bullets I cast myself from wheel weights.

That G19 must have had around 30k rounds through it before I sold it and got the G21sf and G26.

8. With the exception of periodic defense ammo, I shoot reloads out of my Glocks...1000s and 1000s. I couldn't venture to guess round counts anymore.

9. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Did you get much barrel leading?

10. No. Never did. But just to cover myself I did buy a couple Lone Wolf barrels for my G26 and G21sf. But the G21SF was purchased for a 45 Super conversion. It's a six inch, 4 port barrel.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#30 dougader, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  11. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I have a spare after-market barrel for my G17 also - for my lead bullet loads.

12. I have 6 Glocks. Every one has over a thousand rounds through it.
    All reloads, mostly lead through the factory barrels.

None have ever seen a factory loaded round.

#32 JBnTX, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  13. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Wow - that is quite a neat record. :cool: