close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Reloading supplies at walmart

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by boomhower, Aug 18, 2011.

1. boomhower

boomhower

Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    I'm on vacation visiting my parents. Stopped at the local walmart to pick up a couple odd ball things. Of course anytime I am in a new walmart I check the sporting goods section. Much to my surprise they had a ton of reloading equipment and supplies. Complete RBS(I think that was the brand), bullets, powder, dies for every many calibers, brass, even case cleaning media. Only thing I didn't see was primers. It just struck me as odd to see that kind of selection at walmart. I font reload as I don't have anywhere to put a setup so I apologize if this is common knowledge.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. garyjandfamily

garyjandfamily

Dec 11, 2007
    Utah
    Welcome to America. I buy powder and primers at either of my local Walmarts. They always have the powder that I use (Unique), but primers come and go, so I usually buy a couple thousand when they have them.

3. crsuribe

crsuribe 10mm Auto

Jul 3, 2010
    OH
    I bought my RCBS scale at Wal Mart for $20 less than it was at Cabela's and I always buy my primers there. They are $1.90 cheaper per 100 box than Cabela's.

Also, they have presses, bullet pullers, bullets, powders, reloading manuals, hell even equipment for bullet casting AND they sell guns too. A Ruger 10/22 is like $180.

I love my Wal Mart's sporting goods section.

4. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Apr 15, 2004
    Redneck Sparta
    Some have them, and some never have. I've never seen supplies at a WalMart in AZ.

5. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA
    I see you are from NC, where are your parents? I haven't seen reloading supplies in Walmarts near the Charlotte area.

6. RRTX11

RRTX11

Dec 27, 2010
    Central Texas
    Different walmarts do have different items. In Austin Texas, not all Walmarts sell firearms.....you go to a walmart in the what I call "San Franciscoed" areas of Austin and you are going to be lucky to find a spinner bait in the sporting good section.....but there is a massive stock of various pink bycicles.

Austin might be the capital of Texas and in the middle of Texas, but it is quickly turning into a MINNY CALI.

None of the Walmarts in the Central Texas area that I am aware of sell reloading supplies.

7. boomhower

boomhower

Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    There in Ohio. I have been in walmarts all over there state of NC and have never see reloading supplies, that is why I was so surprised. The walmarts local to me have crappy sporting goods, like no value packs of. 223 or value packs of any handgun ammo like I have seen at many other stores.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. itstime

itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    Damn if they had that stuff by me I may be reloading by now.

9. kasper7106

kasper7106

Dec 10, 2010
    central ohio
    I am pretty sure they dont have any reloading stuff at our walmarts around Columbus. I wish they did

10. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Not in Cincinnati either, at least not the ones near me last time I checked.

11. barnettbill

barnettbill

Apr 6, 2003
    Abilene TX
    In Abilene The primers are behind the counter with the ammo.

12. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    And thats where they should be. If they weren't... one can easily imagine someone's child grabbing a pack of primers off a shelf, setting off or swallowing a few, and the eventual lawsuit from the parents...

No reloading supplies in the Walmarts in my neck of the metro area.

13. barnettbill

barnettbill

Apr 6, 2003
    Abilene TX
    Agreed, I just mentioned it because some folks may not even think to look, or ask the clerk at the counter. Up here they run just over $3 per 100. I usually order online in bulk.

14. michael e

michael e

Nov 20, 2010
    Havent been to walmart in few months but they didnt have reloading stuff last time I went. I might need to check it out tonight.

15. *Paladin*

*Paladin* Will travel....

Mar 12, 2009
    Southern Utah
    The only place I've ever seen reloading supplies in a Wal-Mart was in Alaska. Even here in the firearms freedom-loving state of Idaho I haven't seen a Wal-Mart with reloading stuff. What a bummer. Instead, I have to drive 40 mile to Cabelas to stock up on powder & primers. Everything else I order on line...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  16. tantor

tantor

Jun 19, 2011
    Haven't seen any reloading supplies at Walmarts in the Lexington KY area. Be nice if they did cause the only place I find them is at Sportsmans Warehouse or back home in IN.

Bc from KY

17. illrooster132

illrooster132

Sep 8, 2007
    miami
    no w-mart sells reloading stuff here.

18. tjpet

tjpet

May 14, 2001
    Utah-Idaho border
    We have two WMs in our town, a Super Center and a normal sized store. The SC's been here about 15 years and has always sold reloading supplies, albeit limited in scope. The smaller one doesn't but has a good supply of ammo.

19. G36_Me

G36_Me

Aug 4, 2009
    I have nothing against Wal-Mart, especially if they are selling American Made stuff. We've been gouged pretty badly the past few years and I could use a little competition in the market. My area sells some ammo and misc, but no reloading. (SW Ohio)

20. FyreCalG17

FyreCalG17 Gen4 Fondler

Jun 2, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I lived in Austin for about 3 years and it was so funny seeing the people out at Zilker Park wearing the "Keep Austin Weird" t-shirts.

And none of the Walmarts I've visited anywhere in Texas have reloading supplies. Darn!