close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Reloading manual for 124gr 9mm

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by kamonjj, Sep 26, 2011.

1. kamonjj

kamonjj

Sep 7, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    I'm looking for a reloading manual recommendation for reloading 124gr 9mm. I have the lyman 49th edition but it of course leaves this variety out. In fact, I think the 9mm section isn't very good at all.

Anyone have a good reloading manual for 124gr 9mm?

thanks!

2. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

Jul 14, 2005
    With Amber Lamps
    I like Lyman and the bullet companies' load guides for rifle cartridges but for most handgun cartridges I usually go by the load given by the powder companies. There are a couple of exceptions but the powder companies have pretty good handgun cartridge load data.

3. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    The 124gr loads the same as 125gr loads the same as the 120gr. The Lyman is good because it has current powders & lead data. I also like the Speer #14 as it seems to load a bit hotter safely & mimic what I get in my own chrono results. You can get a Loadbooks from Midway, 9mm only pamphlet.

4. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
  5. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    The Lyman 49th is probably one of the best. Check out load books, I have one for every caliber I have load. Make sure you order direct from them to get the most up to date one.

http://www.loadbooks.com/

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  6. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO

Lots of data for 125gr HP. You can make that work with your 124gr bullets easily. You just need to know how to do it.