close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Reflex sights for shotguns? Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by CDR_Glock, Dec 31, 2011.

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Apr 1, 2010
    Virginia
    Is it a feasible or practical idea to mount open reflex sights on a shotgun?

What do you recommend regarding brand/model?

2. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Jul 18, 2007
    Arkansas
    I have an Eotech on one shotgun and an ATI green dot on the other. Great for fast target acquisition.

3. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Dont have one, but the Burris Fastfire looks awesome! I want one real bad.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/speedbead.html

Made just for shotguns to be mounted in between the receiver and stock so you keep your cheek in the proper position.

4. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    I have an Aimpoint T1 on my Benelli M4. I love it. It's amazingly fast up close, but can put slugs right where I want them to go. A red dot, as long as it is top quality, has a whole lot of merit on a shotgun.

5. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Aimpoint H-1.

The Burris Speedbead/Fastfire will also work, but with nowhere near the battery life or toughness.

6. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

Jan 16, 2010
    I have an Aimpoint Micro R-1 on my M930SPX and its my most devastating weapon. Amazing results. And it already CAME with awesome top qual ghost ring sights by LPA Italy. Awesome idea to put the Micro on . Jut so sweet.

I'd love put say a Trijicon RMR on there and reclaim my Aimpoint for AR work lol. Or def a smaller EOTECH like the XPS series. I thinking the full oj 512 would he a little too husky.

7. skifast

skifast

Jun 16, 2009
    I had an ATI Reflex sight on my Mossy 500. It lasted about 50 rounds.

8. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Jul 18, 2007
    Arkansas
    My ATI green dot is on the 1100. It have had the Vang Comp process done t it. Much less recoil and has been working just great.

9. Aceman

Aceman

Nov 30, 2008
    Tampa
    It is absolutely feasable/practical. A red dot is a benefit on almost any weapon, particularly used up close and personal...

The key thing is recoil. Shotguns are brutal. cheap chinese junk sights will likely self destruct very quickly.

Budget, maybe primary arms
    Mid, try Truglo, Bushnell, Vortex
    High end, Eotech/Aimpoint

Circle dot is awesome for SG. what do you want to use the gun for?

See this:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1385208

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  10. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

Jul 3, 2008
    Okemos, MI
    I just ordered a Burris Fastfire II with picatinny mount for my Remington 870 with Mesa Tactical Rail. I'll post how it works out when it gets here.

11. Night vision compatible C-MORE on my FNH SLP work's for me, spot on at 50yds since it was mounted, about 300 rounds of full power Federal LE OO buck and slugs.