close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

reflex optic vs leupold scope

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Bravo1resq, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Bravo1resq

Bravo1resq

Sep 6, 2011
    Hi all,
    so this past week at work a buddy of mine calls me over to his computer asking if I knew anything about "these". There was a picture of a reflex optic on his screen and I asked what he would be using it for, he replied it would be for his deer rifle.
    In a drawn out conversation I learn he is deciding between a reflex optic and a leupold scope. I don't have any model numbers to share unfortunately but both were about $300. My knee jerk reaction was to tell him to go for the leupold but I told him I would ask around a bit.

So my question to you all is what would you tell him?

I think the leupold is superior to the reflex optic in this case because the rifle is being used for hunting so there isn't much need or instinctual/snap shooting. If this was going on a shotgun I'd say the reflex would be better because when shooting rabbit, duck, pheasant, grouse etc. you are doing more snap shooting. I'm interested in your opinions and thoughts.
    v/r
    B1R

2. EL COLONEL

EL COLONEL

Feb 1, 2006
    S.A. TEXAS
    If hunting past 50 yards then get the leupold ..me personally would go with the leupold

3. BierGut

BierGut

Jun 4, 2010
    +1.

A fine company with good, helpful customer service. I also believe they now own Redfield. I own one of each, a Leupold VX3 3.5 x 10 x 40 with duplex retical that was purchased in 2006 and has been flawless. I also mounted a Redfield Revolution 2-7x33 4-plex on a 12g slug gun for a couple of years now and it's also been as advertized.