close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Refinishing SIG's with Alum. frames

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by gatorglockman, Jun 8, 2010.

1. gatorglockman

gatorglockman
    Expand Collapse

Purchased my first Sig this week.....entry level P2022. Gonna take it to the range this week.

I will prob start to collect a few Sig's. I really want a P226 in .40 and potentially a P220. That said.....I may be shopping for a decent used pistol as I search.

I did some basic research on this and other forums and came across CCR for Sig refinishing. My dumb question:

"Can/does the whole weapon get refinished by CCR....including the Alum frame? If so, does the blasting/metal prep affect the tolerances in any way?"

I believe I read Sig will not touch the frame during their own CPO process (ie: refinishing).

Anyone have any insight, expertise or raw opinion?

Thanks!!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 gatorglockman, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  2. Cobra64

Cobra64
    Expand Collapse
    Deals in Facts

You could call CCR. They are very active on SigForum.com.

As for Sig doing finish work on aluminum frames, check page two of their price list here: http://sigsauer.com/upFiles/CmsContent/documents/2007-SIG-Customer-Shop-Price-List.pdf

and give them a call to confirm.

3. gatorglockman

gatorglockman
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Cobra!!!! Much appreciated!

4. Cobra64

Cobra64
    Expand Collapse
    Deals in Facts

No problem friend. Hope it works out well for you. :)

5. omega48038

omega48038
    Expand Collapse

I don't think blasting or any other process that disturbs the anodizing is a good idea. The anodizing is a very important part of an aluminum frame's strength.

#5 omega48038, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  6. Cobra64

Cobra64
    Expand Collapse
    Deals in Facts

The annodizing is only a few thousandths thick and if removed, will severly jeopardize wear characteristics.

This has been discussed extensively on SigForum by a Sig gunsmith.

Sig certainly knows how to refinish a Sig, CCR has been finishing Sigs for years, and is very highly regarded by Sig owners.

7. ccr

ccr
    Expand Collapse

You are correct do not allow anyone to remove the factory anodizing from a alloy Sig frame.

We have been refinishing Sigs for many years now . Our email has been down all day but if you have any questions please feel free to PM me on this forum or give me a call tomorrow at 423-639-8924

8. gatorglockman

gatorglockman
    Expand Collapse

Thanks men! Yep....CCR, if I get that older worn Sig.....you will get my biz. Saw your site/prices yesterday. Thanks for sounding off.

Looking at a potential P6 purchase to get to the heart of Sig collecting as I start out this quest. If I do that, I will likely need the services of CCR to make it look as good as the ICON displayed on another forum many frequent.