close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Refinishing a glock slide?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Porterhouse83, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Porterhouse83

Porterhouse83

What are some good choices for a refinish on a glock slide? Or is the finish already on glocks the most durable?

2. Bflying

Bflying

Why not wear it out before spending money to refinish? I have a G17gen2 with many thousands of rounds through it, and a lot of banging around in range bags, holsters, etc. Still looks great (almost new) when clean. Hard to tell the difference between a brand new G22gen4 with only a few hundred rounds and almost no holster/bag time.

3. Porterhouse83

Porterhouse83

Oh. I did not know glocks finish was that tough. Thats awsome! I was just looking at getting my EMP refinished and thought I could just go ahead and get the glock done to but now I may reconsider.

4. INEEDMILK

INEEDMILK

You should totally get some sweet flames painted on the side of the slide. If you can't find someone to do it professionally, just get some of those stick-on decals from Autozone. And definitely get a Punisher slide plate. Oh yea, and some sort of spiked knife for the front rails to let people know you're serious.

That way, when you open carry whilst singing your version of "I rock out with my Glock out", you can assure the public that all gun owners are as courteous, mature and responsible as yourself.

5. Porterhouse83

Porterhouse83

Thanks for your suggestion.

6. Carbonfly

Carbonfly

I just sent my G34 slide and barrel off to CCR to get their CPII coating. CCR gets rave reviews for their work. I should get it back in about 2 weeks.

7. Porterhouse83

Porterhouse83

Post pics when ya get it back bud. I would like to see how it turns out.

8. Veedubklown

Veedubklown

Dude, you read my mother-freakin mind. That's EXACTLY what I intend to do with my glock! And some bird man sights, because I'm so gangsta, and a clip-draw, and a compass in the grip, and a.........

Actually, I'm just gonna keep shootin the crap out of it. Talon grips, night sights, trigger job, all it needs.

The black paint, is just paint. The tennifer treatment is actually clearish, and very hard. You have to use tools to get through it. You can scratch the paint off a glock easily, but it still won't rust. If it's beat to ****, a refinish may be good, but I wouldn't spend the money on a carry gun that won't rust anyway.

9. sgtlmj

sgtlmj NRA Life Member Millennium Member

It's extremely tough. The Tennifer treatment is one of Glock's major selling points. The inside and outside of the barrel are treated the same way. I believe it's around 69 on the Rockwell scale. High quality knife blades are around 55–66 for comparison.