close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Red Dot's?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by musclegto, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Louisville KY
    I have the Burris on a 10-22. Its OK for range work or shooting squirrels.

I have three Aimpoint micros a T-1 and two T-3s'.

The T3 is about $50 less than the T1 and has more adjustment in the visible spectrum. The only thing it doesn't have that that T1 does have is Night Vision Compatability.

Since I can never envision buying a NV device I don't care and would rather have more adjustment in the visible spectrum...

2. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

while I am a big fan of Vortex and can get them at cost, I still chose to pay more than double for an Aimpoint PRO......

3. musclegto

musclegto

Nov 14, 2012
    Just bought a Aimpoint Micro online. I feel like a kid waiting for christmas...

4. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    I've seen a few Vortex red dots. Every last one of 'em failed within a couple of weeks and they killed batteries.

I don't understand why people would recommend something like that.

5. CigarandScotch

CigarandScotch Fartacus

Sep 22, 2011
    Naw Cackalacky

Mine works great. Everyone I have encountered that uses them recommends them, and that's why I bought one. You are the first person I have ever encountered that stated this. Maybe I'm just lucky...or maybe you weren't. Your mileage may vary.

Everything about the Aimpoint is true, though. I still have a working model 3000 from 1989.

6. musclegto

musclegto

Nov 14, 2012
    well I just realized that for the price of the micro I could have gotten me a nice little xds 45 acp.... buyers remorse?

7. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
  8. Count me among the converted. Just got a PRO and am really pleased. Very cool optic, clearly very well made.

9. MAXG

MAXG

Apr 22, 2012
    NC
    I'll be the black sheep and strongly recommend you look at the Lucid HD7. I love it and everyone I've showed it to is impressed by it. Assuming you're not getting called up to the SEALS anytime soon, I can't imagine you'll regret it. If you do, you'll be the first I've met.

MG, value is king

10. TunaFisherman

TunaFisherman Halibut Hunter

Dec 10, 2009
    West of the East coast
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  11. musclegto

musclegto

Nov 14, 2012
    kind of a off topic question. I got a NIB Sig M400. Only one mag came with the rifle, do these usually come with a couple of mags? I have a suspicion the seller kept one?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  12. mjkeat

mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Midwest
    I say bypass the Lucid. I purchased one a couple years ago. The first one wouldn't turn on. They did send one out extremely fast however. Their customer service was awesome.

When I received a working optic I was a little disappointed. It was heavy and there was a visible square outlining the reticles. I sold it for a loss.

The desire to have quality optics has nothing to do w/ being called up to the SEALS. Why do you need to be fighting a war in order to demand quality? You don't.

Though it was a good experience I do regret purchasing the Lucid. It put me even further from the quality optic I ended up purchasing.

13. I will also say go with a quality optic. Aimpoint, Eotech, or trijicon. I prefer the Eotech over the aim point myself, that is personal preference though.

14. MAXG

MAXG

Apr 22, 2012
    NC

The SEALS comment was of course facetious. I too believe in buying quality. The Lucid is better quality than I will likely make use of. I view a red dot as a CQB tool. As such, I have different expectations of it than a long range scope. Yes it must hold zero and be durable, and I have found the Lucid to be this. For my uses, I don't see twice the utility in an Aimpoint for twice the price it would cost me. As they used to say in Detroit, your mileage may vary.

MG

15. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Oct 8, 2001
    Middle of SC
    I own one Vortex, and four Aimpoints.

I like the controls better for the Vortex. Also, I do believe that they have a LIFETIME warranty, vs. Aimpoint's 10-year warranty.

16. el_monstro

el_monstro

Feb 7, 2013
    I'm just about of buying a red dot, so this question is kinda important for me. My cousin's buddy has MCS by Armasight for his toy and sais it's great unit. Personally I can't guarantee that MCS is as god as I've heard but I believe I'll choose this one.

17. smitret

smitret

Sep 6, 2008
    I have a Burris Speeddot 135 with a 3moa dot and do very well with it.

Holds zero, dot is crisp which makes head shots at 100yds
    very doable.

Until mine fails I would find spending more money difficult to justify.

It seems sturdy enough to me.

Good Luck

18. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Aimpoint is where it's at. If it needs to work, you need to spend the money.

If it's just a toy or a range gun and you can deal with making use of the warranty, having batteries that are dead, forgetting to turn it on, etc, Primary Arms would be my low budget option.

I intend to get a Primary Arms red dot for my 15-22, for example.