close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Red Dot on a carry Glock?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Ian, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Ian

Ian Millennium Member

Dec 16, 1998
    USA
    Does anyone carry a Glock with a red dot? If so which one?
    I am looking for the smallest, most reliable red dot on the market, to use for carry, duty, and occasional competition at the local club.

2. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Orange County, CA
    If you are going to do it right and mill the slide, you can't go wrong with the Trijicon RMR. Lifetime warranty and tough as nails.

If you are going to permanently use a dovetail adapter, look at the DeltaPoint as well (they have a great Glock adapter, but I don't remember which width slide it fits).

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  3. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

Jan 16, 2010
    I can't the image of the security guy from the movie Eraser with the holosight on his handgun ... and the image it just makes me think of. I know its funny but still i just don';t know if I could. Now I agree, the Trijicon RMR is probably what I would do if I did... also the Aimpoint Micro, I have two and I thought about "trying it out" but it's not like just picatinnay'ing it up on a rail of my 930 SPX and 15-22 when I feel like it, mounting to a handgun is a semi-if-not-totally-permannet type of deal, no?

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia