close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Red Dot equipped Glocks, Pics please.

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by M1A Shooter, Apr 24, 2011.

1. i am debating getting a mrd sight installed on my glock and possibly using it for carry. that said, please dont turn this thread into a pros and cons of carrying with the reddot. i am however looking for pics and details of various setups from people who use them and maybe if they are completely happy with their setup or if they would have chosen a different optic?

again, not looking for flame wars on if its tacticool or you think its just stupid. looking for real input from those who use them with details of the setup and pics if possible.

2. This is my games gun for IPSC style timed steel plate matches. Fun at the range, but that's about it's only use. Fast when moving from target to target, and great if your eyes have a hard time focusing on the irons.

[​IMG]

That's a 50 foot, 30 round group.

The action has been worked over pretty well too. Trigger pull too light for carry, and is iffy on lighting up harder primers like CCIs. I stick with Federals for my handloads and don't have problems.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011

3. tkosiba

tkosiba

Dec 25, 2003
    Winfield, IL
    I like optics on highly accurate compacts, like this G-29SF.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Texas
    G17 KKM barrel, Carver Custom, or S&J comp depending on major or minor loads, Carver Custom SS mag well, Carver Competition Mount, CMore dot with 6 MOA module. I lightened the slide and worked on the internals. I've won a few guns shooting this G17. Had a 10.30 Plate Rack score last year in Oxford NC. with this gun.

5. So Ed, is that also a Carver mount on Danny's race gun? I should have known that.

6. Here's my Glock 34 with a Burris Fastfire II.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Looks great, I have a G34 and a fast Fire II. How did you attach to the slide?
    The mount that I have is for a rail.
    Do you know if they make a mount for the rear sight cut?
    Thanks

8. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Yes, they make a mount that slides into the sight cut and has two screw holes.

9. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Texas
    I'd guess yes it is, but I don't know for sure. Been a few years since I seen Danny shoot his UL gun.

10. Here's the link:http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-mount-fastfire.html

It's the Burris 410326 and it is about $40. Well worth it.

It's a standard mount that is very easy to mount. You have to knock out the existing sight and may break it. But, the mounting is very easy. I put it on and sighted it in. I then took it off and added the blue Loc-Tite. I did one screw at a time and the zero stayed right on.

Really nice.

11. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
  12. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL