close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Red Devil Spoon lures

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by The Pontificator, Jun 9, 2002.

1. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

Sep 18, 2000
    Grumpyville
    Whatever happended to the red and white striped Red Devil spoon lures?

They were a classic.

May I assume that the company which made them went out of business in the 30 years since I last picked up a fishing pole?

2. G36.45

G36.45

Jan 30, 2002
    It's still around, I saw one in Wal Mart the other day. I cant say for sure if the brand was red devil although I think it was however it was the old familiar red and white spoon.

3. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

May 16, 1999
    New Hampshire
    Weren't they Dare Devils? Still have some in my tackle box. Even though I haven't used anything in it for about 5 years.

4. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

Sep 18, 2000
    Grumpyville
    The name is "Daredevle" and they are still made by the original manufacturer, Eppinger Manufacturing, in MI.

URL is: http://www.dardevle.com

5. ewert

ewert Glockin' Winger

They work good, but also consider using a "Doctor's Spoon". This is similar to a Daredevil, but usually copper or brass colored and they work great for Northern Pike.

6. Sixgun357

Sixgun357

Dec 14, 2000
    Detroit Area
    I used to have one. One day my brother and I saw some Salmon in a area swimming. I went to grab the biggest lure I had with the biggest hooke to Huh huh snag them. But instead I snagged a log.

7. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    There is no spoon.;a

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

8. Deuce

Deuce

May 1, 2002
    MN
    I used to like the Little Cleo's when I was a kid ... the naked chick on the back was neat. Probably caught a lot more fishermen than fish I reckon.