close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Recycling spent primers

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by November Sunrise, Sep 30, 2011.

1. I have a large can of spent primers that weighs about 15 pounds. I guess I was saving them with the hope of taking them to the scrap yard for cash. Has anyone tried this before? Will the scrap yard take them as brass or what exactly are they composed of?

2. buyobuyo

buyobuyo

Nov 22, 2008
    Socorro, NM
    Scrap yards will take them. They are brass, but everything I've read it varies yard to yard if they take them as #1 brass or scrap brass. Also, it would be better to keep saving them up. My spent primers and bad cases go into a 5 gallon bucket. When I start having a hard time lifting it, it should be somewhere between 100-200 pounds and then I'll consider scrapping them or switching buckets.

Another option would be to go in with friends if they are reloaders too. Just weigh how much each of you has and then divide up the payout accordingly.

3. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Interesting, never heard of recycling primers before.

What are typical prices?

4. dnmccoy

dnmccoy

Aug 22, 2010
    Columbus,Ohio
    I throw primers in with my brass, Im getting around $1.75/lb here in central Oh

5. EOD3

EOD3

Oct 19, 2000
    Indiana
    I keep ALL of my brass. You never know when you might need to cast a cannon or something. :cool: