close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Recycled Masters????

Discussion in 'Freemason's Lodge' started by mmsig229, Jan 7, 2011.

1. mmsig229

mmsig229

Jan 26, 2003
    Ohio
    Anyone out there being recycled??? I was Master in 2008, JW in 2010, and now SS this year. I have no intention of going through the line again, just filling a hole. Any similar experiences???

2. ruralpatrol

ruralpatrol

Oct 24, 2002
    Appalachia
    Yea I dont know if its common but its done in my part of Ohio. What district are you in ?

3. Yes,I went thru the chairs and then was SW three more times and JW one more time.I have since thrown in the towel.tom.:cool:

4. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah
    We got hit pretty hard with membership losses due to guys moving and a few on military deployments in the last few years. And with the economy down some guys are working nights also so they can't commit to the line. Last years and this years WM are both re-treads and the next 3 will be also if they stay in the line. That will leave me to be the first in 5 years who will be a first timer. This years installation was a bit intimidating. They introduced the outgoing WM and incoming WM, SW, JW, T, S, all of whom were PMs and was a PGM. Then they introduced me (SD) as Brother. Made me feel a bit under qualified.

5. mmsig229

mmsig229

Jan 26, 2003
    Ohio
    21st.

6. mmsig229

mmsig229

Jan 26, 2003
    Ohio
    Did a FC Degree last night. Was in the kitchen during the Lecture and returned just in time to do the Charge. Has bow tie noodles and meatballs, green beans, and Italian bread. My SW brought in a pineapple cake for dessert. Had a nice Degree and nice fellowship after.

7. JayPap

JayPap NRA Life Member Millennium Member

Dec 31, 1998
    The Fox Hole
    My Lodge has been fortunate since 1892 we only had to repeat a Master three times 1892 & 1893, 1943 & 1944, and one Master served in 1979 and again in 1984.

Other Lodges in our district have repeated Masters several times.

Were proud that we do not have to recycle Past Masters but who knows what the
    future holds.

Jay.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011