Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recommended Seller's List ?

257K views 2K replies 1K participants last post by  ashecht 
#1 ·
I don't know if it would fly here but they have had a recommended sellers list over at ar15.com for some time now . It,s a list provided by members relating their experiences with others from whom they've made purchases over the inter net or in person. I for one find it very helpful and would have no problem giving credit to the people I've done business with through this web site providing they didn't object to their names being revealed. How about some feedback on this??;b

#2 ·
i dont quite know what to think about this.

if there is any problem with any seller we generally make it widely known (sticky his ad)

i guess id rather list the VERY FEW who are scum, than to list the hundreds or thousands who are honest.

but since this is not my site, nor my decision, (ultimately - the site and the decision is eric's, but this site wouldnt be what it is now without all of the registered users - your input is important) i think this is something that could be debated.

thx Rusty

#3 ·
The recomended sellers list at AR15.com now has 105 replies and is 5 pages long. How is the user supposed to find the name of the seller in all that? Would you have to read through every post? A "Black Ball" list wouldn't tell you that a user has only sold one item before, it would only list the bad guys. Is there some other system, like the ratings on E-bay that would be easier?

#4 ·
A simple search on the sellers name would pop up his feedback. Not perfect but better than nothing. I personally vote in favor of putting positive feedback out....when a seller has negative feedback it is only an incentive to change screen names. JMO.

Bill

#5 ·
ok - I give up

this is hereby designated the recommended sellers list

you can recommend someone buy from a seller or recommend against someone buying from a seller.

why my change of heart - well this munitionsguy thing - he has people talking him up at the same time others are cussing him out.

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69984

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php...ht=munitionsguy

I dont know who to believe - I have never bought anything from him so I have not been burned by him.

But as they say - "your results may vary".

and "Buyer Beware"

please post your positive and negative feedbacks in this thread

thanks Rusty

#6 ·
GT'ers that I have dealt with and recommend, in alphabetical order. I'll edit the list as I remember those I've forgotten. So far, every experience with a GT'er has been pleasant, so if I dealt with someone that's not listed here... let me know. ;)

45g21
bigjohng1
Brenden
bt47
cobb
ColoradoPacker
DanceTiger
Dave Williams
faro
Flipster
glockinmysock
gunboy3
Hotel9
JD8
Jumco
KA3N
Lefty2Guns
LToled
Lunde
Mambeaux
Michigun
MunitionsGuy
planewinch
RAH
Reptiman
Rocketman
S.F. Glock 1357
Skpotamus
Sniper 7.62
TJC
Toro
true believer
uhlawpup
Vyper005
WAGlockArmorer

#7 ·
These are guys I have dealt with where everything went smooth.
In no particular order:
rye
depmur
machman
hotel9
FotoTomas
JLS
PROSOUTH
Quint57
sniper40
likemopar
Crash28
HTT001
mike33201
dlittle
csak
CompensateThis!
Chris in Texas
Indiana Jas
gunweenie
magman
amygart
Road Weazel
tilmun
GlockRat
dengel
MCopley
Brendon
ray9898
jbutenhoff
Surly
Sberk1
reptiman
manny1
bailiff_3059
emann
darin2
gbellah
G27_Jose
piersol
stmcelroy
NHOGHVN
Shootin' Shane
Quake Guy
Black01RT
CAK
toon
seekertol

#8 ·
Here is a list of people I have dealt with directly from the GlockTalk site: Riggs23 , Sniper 7.62 , MNGLOCK , nndavec , and munitionsguy . The top four were all great deals and all maintained a steady line of communication throughout all of our transactions. Yuri (munitionsguy)delivered the mags I ordered (new out of wrapper M-14 mags)and responded to my emails although not as fast as I would have liked. That being said I would not have a problem doing business with him again and I'm satisfied with the price and the condition of the goods I purchased.

#12 ·
Hi,

Just stopped in to leave some feedback on a deal I just concluded with Russian. He is selling Scherer 33rd 9mm pre ban mags over at this thread:

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72755

I ordered two of these from him and am very pleased with the results. The mags were exactly as promised and were shipped the same day I made my PayPal payment. Russian even tracked the USPS delivery for me and emailed me when they were due in (good thing too as my mail carrier either did not leave me a notice or it wandered off on its own). I would definitely feel comfortable doing business with him again.

#15 ·
:cool: delocke1 is a great seller and genuine good guy. I made a purchase of 4 seperate items at one time and he came through w/o a hitch.
JFYI
budreaux39

#17 ·
I just read the thread of the poor guy who got ripped by 308,and I was thinking maybe a 'go between' would be a better situation; someone you trust,like 'Rusty the Moderator'. Say I've got a gun for sale,I send it to Rusty,he says 'it's here',the other party sends the money to him,then he forwards the two. Add a few bucks for Rustys trouble and wala! I can see Rustys wheels spinning...'MONEY! Yea,not a baaad idea!' :) By the way,I DO possibly have a gun for sale.....

#18 ·
um

dont send it to me

please

i really would prefer people to try to do face to face transactions within the same state.

that greatly simplifies everything

then there is no question - you get to examine the products before giving out your money

and you drive away with whatever you bought

i would be very hesitant to just mail off $500 to someone i dont actually know

as with the gun list and shotgun news, the GT want ads are offerred to our registered users to help them find and sell guns

unlike the gun list and shotgun news, we charge nothing

as the saying goes - you get what you pay for

#20 ·
I have had transactions with chevydriver and vegalife.
merchandise was exactly as described in both cases.
Both were very pleasant to deal with.

And of course Hotel9.
Anybody who buys their 3.5 connectors anywhere else, is nuts.

#25 ·
I think a bad guy list would be the quickest to find a scam artist however a highly recomeded list is also great because of the known good resulsts dealing with that person.
Any way I would highly recomend AllGlock in any dealing he has to offer. I have bought four handguns from him in the past year and as always have got exactly as advertised. He is a very honest and open in his dealings. I did see someone giving him some static about the price on one of his NIB Glocks w/ nite sites that was wanting it for free I guess. When he was told the price was fixed and fair this guy didn't like it..and got smart. I stand with AlGlock on this one and his prices are always reasonable and fair. Anyway you won't go wrong dealing with AlGlock (Don). MnFlyboy

#26 ·
Anyone looking for good quality holsters won't go wrong with S.A. Gunleathers. These are high quality holsters of all kinds at a very reasonable price. The CEO Syd Towell is a very nice person and very helpful as well. The service is fast and dependable.. I have had excelent results dealing with them and highly recomend S.A. Gunleather.com for all your holster and related items. They custon made two holsters for my Styer M40's that fit perfect with no extra charge and you can't beat that. They have an on line catalog to brouse that makes it interesting with a wide selection of holsters. It's a good company to do business with. http://www.sagunleather.com/ MnFlyBoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.