close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Recommended .45 load for Duty in Glock 21

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by La26, Apr 27, 2012.

1. La26

La26
    Expand Collapse

Hi Maas,
    I carry a Glock 21Sf on duty, and a Glock 30 Sf off duty. What load would you recommend for duty use, and off duty in the aforementioned pistols? I work in uniform in the Patrol Division (marked unit), and I have no departmental restrictions on ammo (can carry +p or any brand and bullet weight).
    I don't doubt that the subject has been addressed before, adnauseum, but I am not able to locate any threads with the particular info I am requesting. I have seen a lot of other people's ideas of what they thought was best, but I was hoping that you could provide some insight as to what is the best all-around "Duty" load based on street proven situations.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob
    Expand Collapse
    KoolAidAntidote

LAPD and San Diego PD have had great luck with the Federal HST 230 grain +P. Only down side is that the recoil is a little snappy for some shooters, and there's no factory-made analog training load with the same bullet weight, velocity, and recoil.

230 grain high-tech standard pressure JHPs have the advantage of identical recoil and point of aim/point of impact characteristics as inexpensive 230 grain hardball. Winchester Ranger-T is my choice in a standard pressure .45 ACP load, and oddly enough is what I have in the Glock 30 that's on my hip as I write this.

best,
    Mas

3. La26

La26
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. I will get some as soon as possible, and make sure they function in my pistols.