Glock Talk banner

Recommendations

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  walangkatapat 
#1 ·
How about some recommendations for an airsoft, Glock or 1911 style? What brand is reliable? Expensive, cheap? How about ammo? Size, quality? Where to buy?

#2 ·
I am very new at this but here goes: KWA G17 or 19. About $105-120. Look for a metal slide and barrel. I shoot a G17 and carry a G30 so a glock airsoft made a lot of sense. I got mine from www.evike.com www.airsoftatlanta.com is another good source. I use propane from Coleman fuel cylinders by using an adapter from www.airsoftinnovations.com. Ammo: 6mm, .20g, about $14 for 5K of the black ones. The white BBs are cheaper. I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes!

#3 ·
Go with what the other guy said, either a KSC or KWA glock. Probably something like a g19. Again, look for one with a metal slide and recoil rod. www.poweredgeusa.com

#4 ·
I agree, I personally know the guy that owns and operates Airsoft Innovations and I can tell you that everything he says about his products are 100% factual.

Propane is the same as green gas, and thus if your replica isn't rated for such you shouldn't use propane in them. You could also always use the AI flow adapter if you have a Western ARms...

Western Arms is the leader of the gas gun corp, they make the best just about everything. Check out their 1911s and such.

http://uncompany.com/pageproduct.asp?subcatid=95

#5 ·
Originally posted by TomSplasky
I agree, I personally know the guy that owns and operates Airsoft Innovations and I can tell you that everything he says about his products are 100% factual.

Propane is the same as green gas, and thus if your replica isn't rated for such you shouldn't use propane in them. You could also always use the AI flow adapter if you have a Western ARms...

Western Arms is the leader of the gas gun corp, they make the best just about everything. Check out their 1911s and such.

WOW! What a selection.

#6 ·
Cool! Next time you talk to him, please thank him for a great product. I am attending a FoF course later on this year and have been shooting my KWA G17 quite a bit. Unfortunately, there is no source for Green Gas in my area. The good news is that I can find Coleman cylinders anywhere, even at the local grocery store! Propane, the only way to go!

#7 ·
Just recently I purchased a Western Wilson. I searched around and the best price I found from a domestic company (wanted to buy from a domestic so that I could order the gas with the gun) was from the following:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/default.php

Haven't had it long, but I sure am pleased with the Wilson FBI gun. It feels very much like a real gun, fits in my 1911 holsters and has a really nice feeling recoil for an airsoft gun.

#8 ·
Good evening walangkatapat, I usually browse at the Band of Glockers wherein most of the guys in the forum are Filipinos. Since I'm also into airsoft as a collector besides being a real steel shooter, got curious if Glocktalk.com has an airsoft forum. Your Filipino nickname "walangkatapat" (English: "no equal" or "without equal") got my attention, are you a kababayan (fellow countryman)? :) By the way, I own a pair of springer Glock-17 pistols, a Taiwan KWC and a Jap Tokyo Marui, the KWC is more powerful while the TM is more accurate. ;f

#9 ·
Originally posted by Ferdz
Good evening walangkatapat, I usually browse at the Band of Glockers wherein most of the guys in the forum are Filipinos. Since I'm also into airsoft as a collector besides being a real steel shooter, got curious if Glocktalk.com has an airsoft forum. Your Filipino nickname "walangkatapat" (English: "no equal" or "without equal") got my attention, are you a kababayan (fellow countryman)? :) By the way, I own a pair of springer Glock-17 pistols, a Taiwan KWC and a Jap Tokyo Marui, the KWC is more powerful while the TM is more accurate. ;f
No I'm not Filipino, I married a Filipina. I met her while stationed dito NAS Cubi Point many years ago. Do all springers require to rack the slide every shot? About my aka I got it from a Red Horse beer commercial. I got tired of trying to find an aka to use that wasn't already taken, so far this aka has worked all the time.

#10 ·

Tom, That airsoft innovations domain is up for sale, is this guy still in business?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.