close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Recommendations for Sales Techniques books or DVDs

Discussion in 'Business Forum' started by cysoto, Apr 16, 2007.

1. cysoto

cysoto
    Expand Collapse
    Gone Shooting!

There is this old book that a friend of mind let me borrow named: How to Get People to Do Things (1979). It is really not a Sales Techniques related book but it has a lot of (very basic) techniques to demonstrate products and get people to make a purchasing decision. <p>I realized that there must be more modern sales techniques that address the buying habits of today's shoppers. I have never considered reading about this topic until now, and I admit that I do not know where to begin.

2. cysoto

cysoto
    Expand Collapse
    Gone Shooting!

Can someone please recommend any good books or DVDs (or any other media for that matter) to get me started? I am most interested in fairly recent publications but I am not opposed to exploring some of the "classics". <p>P.S. Sorry about this second post. I am typing on my phone and I am limited to only 500 characters per post.

3. 1pRoscoe

1pRoscoe
    Expand Collapse

It really depends on the nature of your business. I'd give different advice to a car salesperson than I would a lead gen rep for a Fortune 1000 company.

What do you do? I have a wealth of sales lit that I may be willing to ship, should you like.... Email in profile.