close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

recommend setup?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by NDC187, Feb 27, 2010.

1. NDC187

NDC187

Jan 9, 2008
    Texas
    edit:

I'm picking up my new AR soon and decided on my setup. I'm going to use a front fixed and flip rear for primary sights. I don't like the play with flip sights however.

I was going to use a Leupold scope with a la rue mount. Anyone have mount model recommendations as far as getting it off and on quickly and holding zero? Any mount height recommendations?

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010

2. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Indiana
    My Bushy has a MkAR 1.5-4x20 with a LaRue LT104. Sorry, no pics. I have a ARMS #40 BUIS and fixed front sight.

3. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
    I went with the RRA Tactical Carry Handle on my full size and Carbine AR15. It has a built in riser and it still has the A2 Rear Sight. I don’t like the flip up sight either, that is why I like this one. Maybe you will like it but then again maybe you might not. :dunno:

[​IMG]

4. scromer

scromer Millennium Member

Oct 22, 1999
    Upstate South Carolina
    Troy rear sights are great and the Magpul MBUS is good if you are on a budget. If it is your primary sight, as in no optics, why not look at LMT, Larue, Or Daniel Defense fixed rear sights. A little play in a folder is no big deal as long as it goes to the same point each time - I like the MBUS because spring tension holds the sight against a stop - so same sight picture every time.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  5. THELimey

THELimey Ancient Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Washington
    The LT-104 mount works great on a magnified setup, used one quite a bit with the Shortdot. I prefer a fixed BUIS and particularly the LMT one to cowitness with my Aimpoint's. I had the folding TROY unit and got rid of it.

6. furioso2112

furioso2112

Dec 12, 2007
    If you call or e-mail LaRue, they will likely recommend the proper heighth if you want to cowitness. I think it is (as others have indicated) the LT-104. I think that's what I have on my BCM upper - MBUS rear and Leupold 4.5-14x40 on a QD LaRue. The LaRue's keep their zero despite multiple mounts/dismounts. I like the MBUS (MagPul's flip-up sights) because htey are inexpensive and work well. Especially with my primary optics (either an EoTech or hte Leupold), I was glad to find a reliable enough flip-up as the MBUS at a reasonable price.

7. NDC187

NDC187

Jan 9, 2008
    Texas
    The AR is the Daniel Defense m4. I was looking for a company that makes tritium iron. So far troy is the only ones I have found.

Thank you for the responses :supergrin: