close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

recommend me a good custom refinishing/milling shop

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kenndapp, Jun 15, 2012.

1. kenndapp

kenndapp

please recommend me a good custom refinishing/milling shop that isn't customizedcreations, ccr, or glockworkxs. i want to do a little milling of the slide ( round corners milled flat ) as well as some good refinishing (cerakote) and maybe a small laser engraving on the top of the slide. problem is... most of the above shops cant offer me everything i want under one roof.......or are just too damn busy (customized creations). so is there any where off the usual path that i might want to find? thanks guys.

2. Glock Kommando

Glock Kommando 9x19 Enthusiast

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012

3. MikeSantor

MikeSantor

When it comes to cerakote and hydrodip, Jeff Forbush at Forbush weapons refinishing is the man. I have literally had thousands of dollars worth of stuff done by him and he is great.

4. kenndapp

kenndapp

awesome.......how about the mill work?

5. kenndapp

kenndapp

I am defiantly going to email accurate iron later today with a complete list of my requests..... Which I will also share here so you guys can see exactly what I am trying to accomplish here. Judging from accurate iron's pictures.... They are exactly what I am looking for.

6. kenndapp

kenndapp

i just sent the folloing to accurate-iron......

hello. i have 2 glock slides (g17 and g21) that need alot of work and wanted to know if i could get a ball park figure on how much both will cost together. below if a detailed list of work needed.
    each item or service will be needed twice (two different slides). the slides will be stripped when i send them to you.

1. milling all round corners of glock frame to a flat 45 degree surface. (pictures of flat cornered glock slide enclosed in attachments)

2. refinish (flat black cerakote)

3. laser engrave (small quarter sized logo on top of slide)

4 install sights ( i will provide the sights )

and that's about it. please let me know that you understand what i mean when i say mill round edges of the glock slide flat (see attached picture). people do alot of crazy thing to glock slides when on the mill. i think milling the round cornersto a flat surface is pretty simple. i just don't want you to think i am asking for something more than i actually am. and that is about it. please let me know if i was not clear about what i am requesting. so what do you think this project will cost me ( roughly speaking ) for my two slides? if you could possibly itemize my requests by number so i know what things cost? thank you for you time. you came very highly recommended.

-ken

7. Glock Kommando

Glock Kommando 9x19 Enthusiast

Tagged, and waiting to hear how this ends up.

8. MikeSantor

MikeSantor

Do you mind posting the picture you sent them?

I saw a picture of a glock with 45* cuts and REALLY liked it. If there are more people interested, maybe we could get a group deal going? OP has 2 slides, I have one 17 I would do.

Depending on what he comes back with on price, if we could get like 3-4 more people or more he may cut everyone a deal on a group job...

9. kenndapp

kenndapp

from airsoft sight....but really showes exactly what i want....

[​IMG]
    all flat. no round corners....see?
    salient arms will sometimes cut the round corners off a slide (amoung more ridiculous things) ......
    [​IMG]

10. MikeSantor

MikeSantor

that is the exact pic I saw. That milling is sooo gnarly. I would love to have it.

11. kenndapp

kenndapp

yes. a glock is all hard right angles....it makes so sense for it to have rounded corners. i am defiantly perusing this until the end. i have not received an email back yet from any one i have sent it out to( which was only accurate-iron and custonized creations).
    customized creations sent back an automated email to my inbox saying.....they are busy as ***** and cannot even field emails and call during a little 3 hour window on Tues,wed, or Fri.......i am paraphrasing the crap out of this, but that's what they basically said. i don't think i will get any answers until at least Monday. i will keep you informed. in the meantime......here is anouther pic of a salient arms glock. they REALY went crazy on this one but, the flat corneres are milled on the back portion of the slide.....that and only that is what i am after.

[​IMG]

12. MikeSantor

MikeSantor

would you want it to stop like it does on that at the front of the barrel? The 45 stops right around the middle of the side window cut.

13. kenndapp

kenndapp

no, no. 45 degree flat cuts all the way around.....like this.
    [​IMG]