close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Recommend an AR-15 complete kit

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Drjones, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I'm starting to shop for a complete kit to make use of a stripped lower I have.

I know of Del-Ton, RRA, and a few others I found online, but I thought I'd consult the brain trust here to see what you guys recommend as being the best quality for the dollar.

I'm looking to end up with a 16" flattop M4-gery type, nothing fancy.

I know that RRA is highly regarded, but at around $650 for their kits, they are also almost $200 more than someone like Del-Ton, which is another highly regarded outfit.

Guide me!

Thanks!

2. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    RRA isn't the worst but it is probably not as well regarded as you would think. That said, for a complete kit, try hitting up AR15sales.com and get a complete Stag Arms kit.

http://ar15sa.fatcow.com/store/page2.html
    $638.00 and it comes with a mag.

Better quality than RRA or Del-Ton.

3. Interesting, and thanks. I see you don't have them listed on your site, but do YOU sell complete kits? I'd like to support a fellow GT'er if I could! :)

4. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    I appreciate the gesture. Check your inbox.

5. b52ace

b52ace NRA Patron

Mar 30, 2007
    Florida
    THIS!! Have put 2 of them together and they are terrific! Fit well in LRB and Essential Arms lowers!

6. ottomatic

ottomatic

Oct 15, 2002
    SW Tennessee

This is likely to be a good deal, BUT for the money IMHO the Del-Ton kit at $485 is a better VALUE. I'm NOT saying it is a better rifle, but a better value.
    One of the things I prefer about Del Ton is the ability to spec EXACTLY what I want. The Stag kits did not offer the variations that I prefer.

7. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

May 27, 1999
    Oh, USA
    Another site added to my favorites. This is getting out of hand, my shooting favorites is now 5 rows wide.

8. b52ace

b52ace NRA Patron

Mar 30, 2007
    Florida
    RonS - Nice avatar! :)

9. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

May 27, 1999
    Oh, USA
    Temporary thread detour, sorry `bout that.

Thanks, that is a scan of my original beret flash from when I got out in `76, that's why it is off center, my photo editing skills are lacking.

http://members.fortunecity.com/kisawyer/

We now return you to your originally scheduled discussion.

I had no idea you could get into a Stag for that kind of price. I have been looking at Doublestar and DPMS in an effort to get a CAR15 buiilt this year. I was going to use a Fulton Armory lower and slick side upper but since that upper comes with a sight and rail included I may rethink that. My old eyes would rather have optics anyway.

10. b52ace

b52ace NRA Patron

Mar 30, 2007
    Florida
    Yes, sorry for the hijack.

There has been a group sale going for some time over at ar15.com. The second one is running now and the wait time is supposed down to weeks now. I got 2 from the first buy and like them.

11. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010