close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Recommend an ankle holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by cowboy1964, Jul 1, 2011.

1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    I've spent countless hours researching belt holsters but have never checked into ankle holsters. I've decided I want one for my S&W 642 in case I ever want to carry like that (would probably be a BUG rather than primary). Bonus points if the holster can also carry an ammo strip and also if it's available for a PM9.

2. RetailNinjitsu

RetailNinjitsu

Jun 1, 2007
    IMHO The best ankle holster is the one that is still on the rack at the store. I am not a fan of ankle carry...they are hard to get to, uncomfortable, and make it hard to run (which is always a better option)!

With that said...Alessi makes the best ankle holster money can buy.

3. i use galco ankle gloves, they have worked great for many years. with my j-frame i put the ammo strip under the velcro that goes around my ankle with the tag end of the strip sticking out the top. it is slower than most but with a little well thought out practice it can be faster. an ankle holster can be really fast while driving though.

4. I use a Galco Ankle Glove to carry a Glock 36 as a BUG. It's quite comfortable. I would not use an ankle holster for the primary gun; the draw is too slow.

5. jamaicanj

jamaicanj

Nov 25, 2007
    Florida
    As others have said ankle carry is slow. I've used galco ankle glove holsters for over 15 years.

6. 1 old 0311

1 old 0311

Jan 2, 2006
    Planet Earth
    I use one by Assault Systems. It has been carrying my J frame BUG for 10+ years with NO issues.

7. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    Bianchi Triad or Desantis Apache are my favorites.

8. harrygunner

harrygunner

Sep 4, 2010
    I use a Galco 'Ankle Glove' for my S&W 640-1 in .357 Mag.

I wear a very thin sock I buy at camping stores underneath my regular sock. The ankle holster is placed on this thin sock. Then I pull the regular sock over the bottom of the ankle holster.

This setup is comfortable enough and concealable enough to meet particular needs. An ankle holster is just a tool that helps on occasion.

If I'm:

1) driving long distance, my arms are long enough for me to reach my ankle much easier than a gun on my side.

2) going to family gathering where lots of hugging will be going on.

3) going to a business meeting with customers or prospective customers and want to avoid any possible issues with their position on self defense.

9. tdfirearms

tdfirearms

Oct 25, 2010
    Tennessee
    I use a Galco Ankle Glove for my Glock 33. It is very comfortable. After about 2 weeks, I hardly notice that it is there.

10. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    I like the DeSantis Die Hard Leather Ankle Rig. I have one for the S&W 340PD and one for the G26. Both have been comfortable and concealable.

11. Powermwt

Powermwt Millennium Member

Sep 23, 1999
    Fort Worth Texas
  12. isis07734

isis07734 Nice guy

Feb 8, 2006
    FL
    Alessi & 5 Shot Leather for jeans, Renegade for fancy pants.