close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Recommend a good competition mag + base plate

Discussion in 'General Competition' started by Reconinforce, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Reconinforce

Reconinforce

Jun 23, 2012
    KC, MO
    -Trying to get my g22 ready for some uspsa.

Any good places to find extended mag base plates for a decent price?

-Side question? Do most uspsa guys shoot .40? Thanks.

2. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    .40 is only popular in limited. Production is 9mm. Open is 9mm Major or .38Super normally.

I like Arredondo basepads.

3. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    Would those "Tango Down" floor plates work? Not 'basepads' or extensions, per se, but a replacement floorplate that extends around the sides of the mags about 1/8" to facilitate getting a grip for removal. I think they run around $25 for 5 or so.

4. Lindenwood

Lindenwood

Oct 27, 2011
    Arrendodos, except for the G20 for some reason, seem to almost universally get excellent reviews. I use one on my spare G21 mag for EDC and keep that mag in the weapon for nightstand duty. I atually have another in the mail as we speak.

5. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Texas
    Like was said above 9mm for Production, .40 for L10, Limited, and SS, .38 SC for revolver since the rule change, and 9 Major or .38Super in Open. I did run .40 minor in Production and liked it. Best check the rules to see what's legal before you buy anything.

6. red2rider

red2rider

Sep 3, 2013
    Use +5 bases only to shoot in Limited major with 40.
    I've been using some Pierce +3 bases since last yr but getting ready to go +5. I want brass bases to wt my 35 more evenly.
    Arredondo bases have good reviews, but are plastic.
    http://w.iwebcenters.com/bbenterprise2/ecommerce/extended-mag-extensions/glock-mag-extensions.cfm

Taylor base plates, delrin or aluminum http://www.brownells.com/magazines/...ne-floorplates/extended-mag-pad-prod1411.aspx

Taran tactical
    http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=44_49

Several folks like myself shoot 40 in USPSA. Have fun.

7. etcetera

etcetera

Dec 13, 2013
    Thoughts on Arredondo vs Taran Tactical?

8. mpolans

mpolans

Jan 19, 2008
    Taran's look nice, but I'm too cheap to pay that kind of money and my Arredondo base pads have worked flawlessly.

9. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    .40 is a viable option for production if you reload, and can be made softer shooting than the 9mm at equivalent power factors. It is somewhat popular in New Jersey due to the 15 round magazine max capacity. Admittedly, I know some that used to shoot .40 and now shoot more 9mm, particularly after some of the price hikes on bullets.

As for the Arredondo base pads, I bought a few to make IPSC length (not USPSA). I followed the instructions to a T. One was very brittle and just broke. The others worked fine. While he did replace the one that broke, he insisted that I did something wrong. Was kind of turned off by that.

For USPSA, I much prefer the Dawson pads over other models. Very to easy to assemble / disassemble, no tools needed.

10. Packin Iron

Packin Iron

Feb 20, 2001
    Huntington, WV
    I use the tango down baseplates in production class. They are great because 1) They are legal 2) They are wider, and easier to strip out, and grab hold of.