close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Recommend a few "must read" books for a prospective member

Discussion in 'Freemason's Lodge' started by Norman, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Norman

Norman Non nobis CLM

Oct 29, 2004
    As the title states, I'd love to do some Masonic-approved reading on the Fraternity.

I've been interested for a while, and I think it may soon be time to make the official inquiry. I think first I might do well to read up a bit. So recommend an absolutely must-read book that someone like myself would enjoy reading.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

2. G23Adam

G23Adam .- -.. .- --

Oct 1, 2003
    SC
    Freemasonary for Dummies is a good book...

3. Norman

Norman Non nobis CLM

Oct 29, 2004
    That one is already on my list. ;)

4. G23Adam

G23Adam .- -.. .- --

Oct 1, 2003
    SC
    Don't go for any of the "Ritual" books or expose style ones as they aren't accurate and can ruin your expierence.

I've also read "Idiots Guide to Freemasonary" and it's ok as well.. but not as good as the Dummies Guide.

5. A_Fletcher

A_Fletcher Yardwork Ninja

Nov 23, 2005
    Ohio
    While fairly dry, I got alot out of "The Freemasons" by Ridley Scott. Another good one is "The Temple and The Lodge". I forget who wrote that one, but it goes in depth in the history of the Craft.

Stay away from anything written by Stephen Knight if you're not Raised. It'll ruin your experience until then, but afterwards it's good for a laugh or two at the sheer crap that guy came up with.

Lastly, remember that you'll have to ride a goat around the Lodge and that sucker bites! He didn't like going up those steps at all! :tongueout: :animlol:

6. RED64CJ5

RED64CJ5

Jul 7, 2003
    These two books are not light reading, but they will certainly tell you a lot about Freemasonry without divulging "secrets:"

Born in Blood
    The Hiram Key

7. Chuck66

Chuck66 Traveling Man

Mar 10, 2004
    East TN
    Freemasonry, I believe, is what has kept goat farmers in business for the last 100 years. :supergrin:

8. A_Fletcher

A_Fletcher Yardwork Ninja

Nov 23, 2005
    Ohio

Yep, them and naga farmers. Just think of how many naga's they have to kill for their hide so that we can wear them as apron's. :supergrin: :animlol:

9. jrr6602

jrr6602

Dec 27, 2006
    Grand Prairie, Tx
    That's how rumors get started. You have to make friends with the goat and you won't have any problems. Just remember to "Stand Up to it" and you will be fine.

10. Fernman

Fernman Zombie Jeebus! CLM

Feb 14, 2005
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    Freemasonry
    Symbols, Secrets, Significance
    by Macnulty, W. Kirk

Excellent book on the Fraternity and its history, with quoted and reviewed sources.

11. JayPap

JayPap NRA Life Member Millennium Member

Dec 31, 1998
    The Fox Hole
    I'm currently reading "A Pilgrims Path" and like it.:thumbsup: