close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Recommend a bow.

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by J.P., Oct 2, 2002.

1. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

Apr 6, 2002
    Rocklahoma
    I want to take up a little backyard archery....what would make a good starter setup?
    I'm only interested in compound bows. I do have some experience with bows,but not much.
    You know,I want the top of the line gear for very little money.;)
    Maybe suggest somplace to buy good used gesr.
    Thanks.

2. Well for the money I would say PSE or Martin Compound Bows. My first bow is and was a PSE Firflight I used it for bowfishing. My second bow is a Martin that I bought from a friend and a awesome bow that I will use for deer hunting. For top of the line Hoyt and Jennings come to mind but it will cost ya. Take Care Esox357

3. podwich

podwich

Sep 7, 2000
    MI
    I have a Hoyt MT Sport. It's not the top of the line Hoyt or anything, but it's a single cam, shoots pretty fast, is quite quiet, and shoots VERY straight. I have no problem hitting a paper plate from 40 yards consistently-heck, it'll do better that that most of the time. I'm pretty sure the bow could shoot even better, but I'm not the best shot there is.