close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

recoil spring?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by blueeagle, Jan 9, 2006.

1. newbie here. Bul M5 frame and a locally made slide of unknown make bought sa tabi-tabi. Naka-amnesty na. Excellent accuracy and very reliable. My only complaint is that empty cartridges go flying approximately 4-5 feet to the rear and right when firing. Yung iba sa tabi lang nila nahuhulog ang mga basyo. Is this because of a weak recoil spring? I dont know the make and rating of the spring. Any suggestions, mga kapatid. ;4

2. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Sep 15, 2001
    19th Hole
    With your description, your pistol is just fine. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Brass that land close to the shooter means light recoil spring. IMHO.

3. bulm540

bulm540

Jun 18, 2004
    TN
    Ditto, What do ya mean locally made frame? Bul m5s are made in Israel.

4. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    Your gun could also be using a "longer" extended ejector. If you're up to it, you can file on the nose of the ejector to tune the direction of brass ejection. Or try a simple fix if your gun will work, use a buff or two. ;)

5. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    JT,

I think it's the opposite. If your gun is ejecting brass farther from you, your gun needs a heavier recoil spring.

Blueeagle,

Just like what JT said, your gun is doing fine. 4-5 feet is an ideal range for brass to fall. You may also want to try this link:
    http://www.gunsprings.com/1ndex.html