close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Recoil Spring

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by T Hutch, Apr 5, 2012.

1. T Hutch

T Hutch

I recently Picked up a second Gen4 G27, the test fire date is only 2 weeks apart between both of my G27's. My latest G27 has a different recoil spring than my other G27. My question is does any one else have this recoil spring in there sub compacts.

Its the first I have seen of this style, It looks like there is 3 springs with some kind of metal reinforcement under the spring. Wonder why the switch? Its marked 0-1-8

[​IMG]

2. chrisbritt15

chrisbritt15

haha yeah thats the new springs inside of the gen 4 guns, I pick up a g23 gen 4 last week and mine has the same spring in it as well, is you other 27 a gen 3?

what does the first g27 spring look like?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012

3. T Hutch

T Hutch

Both of my G27's are gen4, and both have February test fire dates. But they have different recoil springs. One is like the picture in my first post and the other one looks like this one.
    [​IMG]

4. chrisbritt15

chrisbritt15

mine looks like the first one, i know they was having problems with the recoil spring on the gen 4 when it first came out you may want to look on glocks website and see if that first g27 falls into the time when they had the bad recoil springs

i looked and it said they are replacing models purchased befor july 11,2011 but i swear it looks like that has the old spring in it, and you did buy it new right?

5. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Just FYI, that new RSA shoots exactly the same as the old style.

6. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

I have a gen3 g26 and have the second pictured recoil spring.

7. barth

barth six barrels

My gen 3 G27 looks like the picture.

8. chrisbritt15

chrisbritt15

sounds like you may have a gen 3...... is gen 4 stamped on the side of the slide?

9. T Hutch

T Hutch

There definitely both gen 4's. And both built in Feb 2012. And both purchased brand new.

It's not a problem as both pistol's shoot flawlessly. I will say the newer recoil spring in my first post seems not as stiff as the older style. When doing a press check or ridding the slide back slowly with the new spring it barley goes into battery, but if I put in the older style spring from my other gen4 27 it will return to battery with velocity.

Regardless both style springs and both of my guns shoot fine. I was just curios if any one else has this newer style spring in a sub compact.

10. III_M1KE_III

III_M1KE_III

Hmmmm... never saw a RSA like that. I have a Gen4 G26 and it does NOT have the "skeletonized" sheath exposing the smaller diameter internal spring. I wonder the point of this? Perhaps to allow for lubrication of the inner spring? Interesting.

11. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1408835
    (in particular posts #6 and #13)

It seems the newest sub-compact guide rods are made with the same outer sleeve and bevelled inner plastic muzzle cap as the Gen4 guide rods. They have 0-8 on the base of the guide rod.

I'm kind of disappointed they didn't add the metal washer at the muzzle end to keep the larger spring from slightly going over the plastic muzzle cap, it can be a pain sometimes to seat the guide rod on the barrel lug because that spring is stuck on the muzzle cap.

You said yours is marked 0-8-1? I wonder how many versions they're going to through before they settle on the final verison, like the Gen4 guide rods. The muzzle cap on yours looks wider to keep the spring from going over the muzzle cap and getting stuck there slightly. The muzzle cap also looks like it may be metal.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  12. Porkchop

Porkchop Avtomat 1947

I just replaced my 2.5 gen G27 recoil spring.The original spring is like the 2nd pic.The replacement i got from Lone Wolf is the same as the first pic with the reinforcement sleeve.
    The replacement spring is positively more robust than the original at least in my case anyways.No difference in performance between the two though.

13. T Hutch

T Hutch

Thanks for the post, It's what I was looking for. Yes mine is marked 0-1-8 and has a thin metal cap to prevent the spring from going over the muzzle end. And while I don't see a difference while shooting between the two, when dry firing or press checking the new spring is definitely weaker than the old.

Thanks everyone.

14. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Thanks for the info! I've been waiting for them to make a version that keeps the outer spring properly captured.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  15. AustinTx

AustinTx

It looks like Glock has changed the G27 recoil spring. I wonder why. I thought it was the 9mm causing trouble.

16. Redstate

Redstate

I have the same RSA in your photo in my new Gen 4 G26. It too appears weaker than the RSA in my Gen 3 G26 and G27. If I ride the slide (empty), mine usually won't go into battery, but a slight touch will put it into battery. I tried my RSA's from my Gen 3's in my Gen 4 (empty) and it goes into battery regardless of riding the slide. I now have 150 rounds through the new Gen 4, and it runs with Glock perfection.

EDIT: Got a new RSA from Glock (0 8), and now it is fine.

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  17. tango44

tango44

Oh no!
    I see problems!

18. bk1951

bk1951

Are the guide rod lasers reliable on the glocks?

19. tango44

tango44

The most reliable Guide Rod Assembly is the stock one, why mess with it?

20. mongo356

mongo356

Hmm........
    I have a Gen 3 G27 made in 2009 with the "older" style RSA plastic no markings

Today I bought a Gen 3 G27 made 05/07/2012 and it has a Gen 4 looking RSA with a
    "0-8" marked on it, I didn't see a 1 on it??? I didn't look for a washer on the end, gotta wait the 3 days before I can pick it up to look again.

Will the new and old RSA's interchange??