close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Recoil spring

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by attrapereves, Jan 16, 2012.

1. attrapereves

attrapereves

Sep 11, 2011
    Midwest
    Just got back from the range and shot some Georgia Arms 180gr FMJ and some of my 180gr handloads with 10.9gr of AA#7. I think I found my pet load for AA#7. It should be running between 1115 and 1150fps out of my Glock 29 barrel.

After returning from the range, I removed the slide from my G29 and noticed that the recoil spring was slightly out of place. I believe this occured that last time I shot it.

Does anyone else have this problem and what causes it? Could this be related to shooting hot ammo? I've noticed that my brass is being thrown about 6 feet to the right.

Attached Files:

2. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Everything is fine, the recoil spring actually rests on the frame instead of the barrel lug when the slide is installed. Perfectly normal, nothing to worry about!

3. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Jan 25, 2008
    Clarksville, Tn.
    Yep only sets on barrel for assembly then moves to operating position when slide is retracted. I believe all Glocks do this. :supergrin:

4. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Perfectly normal, all Glocks do this. Its part of the design. The half-moon notch is only there for reinstallation... the spring will then "drop down" into its correct home allllll by itself. :)

5. Yep, just make sure it's seated back in that half moon notch when reassembling.

All's well.

6. DeLo

DeLo

Nov 10, 2011
    Southland
    On a side note what powder is everyone using??

7. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    For 10mm auto I use Accurate #9 and #7, Alliant Blue Dot, Hodgdon Longshot, and 800-X.

8. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Damn good list. I'd only add Power Pistol and W231/HP38 (target powder).