close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Received my Spike's middy

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Ferdinandd, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Ferdinandd

Ferdinandd

Feb 17, 2008
    I stopped by a local FFL to pick up a Spike's Tactical Mid-length carbine this morning. Time from order to delivery was 11 weeks. Inside the rifle case there is a tag showing the date upon which the rifle was assembled and tested. Over three weeks passed between the rifle's inspection and shipment, so I'm guessing that Spike's is short on labor to pack and ship, or ran out of packaging items.

I couldn't wait to shoot the rifle and stopped at the range this evening. I only had about 15 minutes so it was a brief visit. This is the first AR that I've owned and I really like the way that it shoots. The fit and finish on the rifle is excellent and all controls worked smoothly and precisely. I was shooting at 25 yards offhand and my 40 rounds of PMC ammo chewed a nice hole in the target. POI was about 2.5 inches low, so I'll have to try other distances and possibly work with the settings. I'm pleased with the rifle - lots of fun to shoot. Here's a couple images.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. STI

STI

Mar 4, 2003
    Cash,Texas
    Looks very nice, wear it out!! You will hear good and bad but just enjoy it.
    Good luck!!

3. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    Congrats and enjoy!:cool:

4. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    I have been evaluating a 10.5 upper for the last couple of months. No matter what I have to say about Spike's business ethics I can not say a single bad thing about their product (at least the one I have.)

Congrats and enjoy.

5. Ferdinandd

Ferdinandd

Feb 17, 2008
    Thanks for the comments - the TX contingency is certainly well represented here. I field stripped the rifle and cleaned it. Workmanship and materials appear to be excellent based on my observations.

6. steve1911

steve1911

Jul 12, 2004
    oregon
    Congrats!

1911club#410

7. Burns

Burns

Jan 23, 2005
    NOVA
  8. boomhower

boomhower

Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    It's not going to be zeroed from the factory! Congrats on the new rifle.

9. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    It's probably been bore-sighted, and the A2-style sights put the POA a couple of inches above the POI.

Nice carbine!

10. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    It's probably been bore-sighted, and the A2-style sights put the POA a couple of inches above the POI.

Nice KISS carbine!

11. madecov

madecov book em' Danno

Spikes does nice work. I have a few of their products and have been very pleased. I'm waiting on a 14 1/2" light weight LE upper with 13.2" SAR. I will put it on a spikes punisher lower when that coes in. I also have a very early Spikes rifle and the difference between current production and older stuff is pretty striking

12. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    Congrats... I think I need a new AR15...

13. S9Man

S9Man

Feb 15, 2005
    Farm country
    I purchased a Spikes 5.45x39 upper. It works great shooting the cheap surplus AK74 ammo. I'd like to get one of their 6.8 uppers one of these days.

14. Durden

Durden

Oct 5, 2010
    Aside from the whole past issue, bull***** walks and the product talks, and although I have not handled a Spikes, it does appear they're producing a very good product at a very competitive price.

Congrats on your new rifle.

15. Brad737

Brad737

May 30, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    You won't hear anything negative about Spike's from me. I have 2 of their rifles, a Middy and a LW carbine. They're every bit as nice as my BCM A4 from a quality standpoint. I actually prefer their Fail Zero BCGs. My Middy is my favorite.