close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Reccomend an OBDII reader for <$200

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by Brass Nazi, Oct 22, 2006.

1. BPMACMAN

BPMACMAN

Feb 17, 2006
    GERMANTOWN,OHIO
    with or without code definitions??? anything without the definitions will be cheaper,but arent much good unless you have a source for the code defs. and keep in mind that the codes only tell you what system is effected,not usually what the problem is.

2. Tennessee Slim

Tennessee Slim Señor Member CLM

Apr 14, 2004
    Mucus City, USA
    IIRC, I paid < $200 for my (minimalist) Peake Research code reader for my Bimmer.

3. Brass Nazi

Brass Nazi NO BRASS FOR U!

Jul 4, 2005
    I want one that give definitions and will reset codes. I want the beswt one that I can buy for $200.

4. BPMACMAN

BPMACMAN

Feb 17, 2006
    GERMANTOWN,OHIO
    i may be able to get a mac tools reader for ya made by otc...stay tuned....could sell ya mine....comes with cart and 5 gas exhaust analyzer,and 4 channel lab scope wanna spend 8k? bp

249.99 mor mac 1
    or you could go to az and get one cheaper(may not read all codes)

5. NOCM

NOCM NRA Life Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Manassas, VA
    I got a CP9135 from Actron, purchased at Autozone for about $125 about a year ago. It will scan codes, as well as give you a definition of the code and then reset them. So far, it has been used on my car (Eagle Talon), Ford Focus, Ford Explorer, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge pickup, Subaru Forrester and a handful of other cars and it has worked perfectly each time. I would recommend it.

It is a yellow/orangish box about 9 inches long and 5 inches wide with an attached cable and a good sized screen.