Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Reassembling Issue (Slide)

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by XD40EZO, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Maybe its just me (my first Glock), but everytime I reassemble my G35, the Slide feels like its getting caught and/or snagging on something.

But If I give it enough force (like racking the slide), it eventually reconnects, but it just doesnt feel right. Its not smooth.

Is this normal for a Glock?
  2. Is the mag in it? Is the weapon dirty?

3. whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    Are you putting the recoil spring assembly in the correct place?
  4. The mag is out and its in prestine, spotless condition.
  5. swtxtitan

Aug 30, 2009
    Del Rio, TX
    Not normal, maybe you might wanna YouTube it and make sure you are doing it The same way
  6. Yes. On the second notch. But one thing i have noticed, when I take it down, the guide rod goes out of place maybe a couple of centemeters off of the notch, but still intact.

But during the reassembly, it stays locked in place.
  7. I have and everyone seems to rack it back forcefully so I never see it snag.
  8. whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    Is the trigger all the way back?
  9. em2b96p

Nov 10, 2010
    did you put the take down switch in backwards? the hook/ notched side should be facing the rear of the weapon
  10. I didnt mess with the trigger tho
  11. Nope, I didnt mess with that either.
  12. Well, at lunch, I went to a local gun store to find out whats going on. I picked up a G35 (like mine), G19, G30, G21, G22..etc. And they all felt the same way.

Well, it confirmed that its definitely USER-ERROR and there's nothing wrong with my G35, but still felt unease that GLOCKS felt like that. No offense, but its just not smooth.

Oh well... I still like it.
  13. unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    That is how it works.
  14. guns54

guns54 toni

Aug 10, 2008
    hi. i just took the trigger out and put it back in and it works fine now. have a nice day.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011