close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Rear sight options at or under $50.

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by a_tack, Nov 3, 2011.

1. a_tack

a_tack

Apr 6, 2008
    Kentucky
    I want to get a new rear sight for my AR. It has an A2 front sight post on it and the upper is flat top. I have a cheap carry handle on it, but it is not very good quality. Are there any rear iron sights available in this price range that are good quality? Or would I be better off shelling out a few extra $$ for an aimpoint knockoff red dot?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  2. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files

3. a_tack

a_tack

Apr 6, 2008
    Kentucky
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  4. Who makes the carry handle?

You can cut down the carry handle and have a nice rear sight with flat top rail space still available.

5. I have the DD fixed set on my M&P15TS. Well worth the money. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

6. a_tack

a_tack

Apr 6, 2008
    Kentucky
    Nc star. It's not a very nice one. Well I guess for $25 it is nice.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. I guess a buis is in order. A used DD is a great buy as is a Troy fixed rear.

You can probably find either for around $50 used.

8. surf

surf

Jul 7, 2010
    While I own several flip ups, I prefer a fixed rear. I generally prefer to use a standard carry handle and cut it down. They are usually the most durable, rugged and cost effective rear sight. Maybe I am a bit old school in that I like elevation adjustment also.

Having said that the LMT fixed rear is my favorite already made sight. They are not generally cheap. I have had mixed results using this vendor, as have many others, but this is a heck of a deal on the LMT rear sight.

http://www.botachtactical.com/lmtrebaupirs.html

9. atl3axj

atl3axj

Oct 15, 2010
    I just ordered fixed LMT from Botactical.com. Like $59 shipped. I'll let you guys know as soon as I receive it as I get it. I've read some negative things about this company but at 1/2 the price I gave it a shot.

10. atl3axj

atl3axj

Oct 15, 2010
    darn..wish I saw this before I ordered..not necessarily to save $12 but more due that I'm not confident that Botac will deliver timely..hopefully it'll work out

11. Sierra

Sierra Millennium Member

Jan 23, 1999
    Portland, OR
    I think the LMT is the way to go, hands down. It is just like the A2 Carry Handle sight and much more rugged than the others mentioned. I guess that's why the Marines bought it in quantity back around the time of Gulf War 1.

12. JBUS

JBUS I'mHellaJelly!

Jun 28, 2011
    NorCal
    I purchased a LMT fixed BUIS but took it off and went back to my MagPul until I can purchase the DD fixed.

I like the LMT, just too bulky for me.