close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rear sight options at or under $50.

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by a_tack, Nov 3, 2011.

1. a_tack

a_tack

Apr 6, 2008
    Kentucky
    I want to get a new rear sight for my AR. It has an A2 front sight post on it and the upper is flat top. I have a cheap carry handle on it, but it is not very good quality. Are there any rear iron sights available in this price range that are good quality? Or would I be better off shelling out a few extra $$ for an aimpoint knockoff red dot?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  2. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Spend $80 or so and get DD's fixed rear.

3. a_tack

a_tack

Apr 6, 2008
    Kentucky
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  4. Who makes the carry handle?

You can cut down the carry handle and have a nice rear sight with flat top rail space still available.

5. I have the DD fixed set on my M&P15TS. Well worth the money. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

6. a_tack

a_tack

Apr 6, 2008
    Kentucky
    Nc star. It's not a very nice one. Well I guess for $25 it is nice.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. I guess a buis is in order. A used DD is a great buy as is a Troy fixed rear.

You can probably find either for around $50 used.

8. Minnow

Minnow

Jan 13, 2006
    Techas
  9. magpul is in that range for flip ups.

10. surf

surf

Jul 7, 2010
    While I own several flip ups, I prefer a fixed rear. I generally prefer to use a standard carry handle and cut it down. They are usually the most durable, rugged and cost effective rear sight. Maybe I am a bit old school in that I like elevation adjustment also.

Having said that the LMT fixed rear is my favorite already made sight. They are not generally cheap. I have had mixed results using this vendor, as have many others, but this is a heck of a deal on the LMT rear sight.

http://www.botachtactical.com/lmtrebaupirs.html

11. atl3axj

atl3axj

Oct 15, 2010
    I just ordered fixed LMT from Botactical.com. Like $59 shipped. I'll let you guys know as soon as I receive it as I get it. I've read some negative things about this company but at 1/2 the price I gave it a shot.

12. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

Nov 20, 2009
    VA
  13. atl3axj

atl3axj

Oct 15, 2010
    darn..wish I saw this before I ordered..not necessarily to save $12 but more due that I'm not confident that Botac will deliver timely..hopefully it'll work out

14. Sierra

Sierra Millennium Member

Jan 23, 1999
    Portland, OR
    I think the LMT is the way to go, hands down. It is just like the A2 Carry Handle sight and much more rugged than the others mentioned. I guess that's why the Marines bought it in quantity back around the time of Gulf War 1.

15. JBUS

JBUS I'mHellaJelly!

Jun 28, 2011
    NorCal
    I purchased a LMT fixed BUIS but took it off and went back to my MagPul until I can purchase the DD fixed.

I like the LMT, just too bulky for me.