close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Really?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by sargespd, Jul 23, 2010.

1. sargespd

sargespd
    Expand Collapse

I have seen a number of examples of Chuck Rogers' work on this forum, and respect and admire it greatly. Ok, I want one, really really bad. But somebody please tell me, is it really worth $7,000? I saw this one on Gunbroker:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=179988496
    Can those of you in the know tell me if this is for real what one of Rogers' pistols would go for? Just curious.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. CMG

CMG
    Expand Collapse

If it weren't road-pizza green, that would be a nice pistol. :whistling:

Worth the asking price?

That depends on how bad you want a Rogers original, I guess. :embarassed:

3. okie

okie
    Expand Collapse
    GT Mayor

Road-pizza green:headscratch: why I outta get my brick out, that pistol is DAMN purdy:okie::tongueout::rofl:

4. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Custom guns are worth what people will pay for them.

I have a new Morris Tactical Elite on order for the same price. Of course, that's a new gun, but its still $7K.

I won't spend that much on a 1911 again. For me, its one and done for that price. However, when it comes to custom guns, the sky is really the limit.

5. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV
    Expand Collapse

OMGosh... did he charge $327 to replace the front sight and shoot this guy's gun a bit???

I like commanders, but the color is terrible and I prefer checkering to all the cool new crap that people are coming up with...

6. bowtie454

bowtie454
    Expand Collapse

Wow, I never thought I'd say this, but: I bet a pistol from Wilson Combat will shoot just as good for half the price.

7. Tactical black

Tactical black
    Expand Collapse

I've never shot one of his guns but I would bet a Wilson wouldn't compare for a second there's a reason Chuck's work cost that much I believe he's got a 6 or 7 year back log of work and isn't excepting anymore orders.

8. Rinspeed

Rinspeed
    Expand Collapse
    JAFO

As Brian said they are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay. Seeing Chuck isn't taking new orders on full builds there must be quite a few people that think they are worth the asking price. As with selling anything used the asking price all depends on how soon you need the money. It might take six months to get $7K for that pistol but eventually someone will come along that has to have it.

9. BlayGlock

BlayGlock
    Expand Collapse

There is a reason why his guns command so high of a price. People are willing to pay for that kind of quality.

10. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV
    Expand Collapse

I believe you, but my mind can't comprehend that level of... whatever it is...

11. Wade-19

Wade-19
    Expand Collapse

I am having some work done by Chuck right now. He will not accept any work that requires fitting . He is only doing cosmetic work. Like others have said he is backlogged on builds.

12. samuse

samuse
    Expand Collapse

I can understand why it costs so much, but it really is ridiculous, IMO.

That gun is about as purdy as a Glock...:upeyes:

13. BOGE

BOGE
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Is it worth 7 K? To me, no. However that is relative to what the buyer wants and believes. Only Obama has the right to tell you what is proper for your hard earned dollars. :supergrin: :rofl:

14. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV
    Expand Collapse

I personally like the lines of it... it just needs a quick coat of rustoleum textured... LOVE that stuff...

15. Hokie1911

Hokie1911
    Expand Collapse
    >

Is a custom Chuck 1911 worth $7k? That's up to you. Personally, having him give my Kimber some lovin' and more to come, I consider myself lucky to have him even lay hands on it.

Is this car worth (a starting price of) $1.7 mil? Again, that's up to you.
    [​IMG]

16. lawdog734

lawdog734
    Expand Collapse

Do you think I can fit two baby seats in the back?

17. Hokie1911

Hokie1911
    Expand Collapse
    >

Considering there are no back seats at all.........that may prove to be difficult. :rofl:

18. Wade-19

Wade-19
    Expand Collapse

WHAT ????? 1.7 Mil and no back seat ?!!!!!!

19. bowtie454

bowtie454
    Expand Collapse

Looking at some of his guns, they are truly fantastic. My point is that you are paying for the artistry and fit/finish, not functionality. I don't believe for a second that a top of the line Wilson Combat will not shoot as well as one of Chuck's guns. I can think of a few reasons why the cost is so high for one of his guns, none of which involve accuracy. Take a look at his website. You'll see many examples of hours and hours of machine work, hand tooling, and one of a kind modifications. What you won't see is a claim for the most accurate 1911's in the world.

20. Tactical black

Tactical black
    Expand Collapse

You don't find that claim from Wilson Combat either and their super grades cost $4,475.00 I'm pretty confident that Chucks gun will out shoot the Wilson's in accuracy but that's just my opinion maybe Chuck will come give his.