close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

REALLY!??! G19 gen 4

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Alchemy1, Feb 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Alchemy1

Alchemy1

I just got a g19 gen4 on Thursday. I took it to the range this morning and fired 2 and a half magazines of Winchester white box. The LAST 2 shots did me in. I had a really weak round that I am suprised even cycled the gun. The very next round failed to eject and LOCKED my GLOCK up tighter than a frog's ass! I'm posting this from the gun shop now. The dealer is a certified GLOCK armorer and he can't figure out what's wrong!

2. Frank V

Frank V

I hope it's something simple like ammo. The dealer being a Glock armorer should get it sorted out for you.
    Keep us posted & good luck.
    Frank

3. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

You already solved it: crappy ammo. :wavey: Avoid Walmart's "price point" ammo.

Prepare for the veritable flood of Gen4 "experts" telling you to sue Glock in a class action suit for emotional duress. :upeyes:

:rofl:

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

It certainly sounds like an ammo issue to me. I hope you don't have a bullet from the next to last round fired stuck in the barrel,

5. 2740dmx

2740dmx

6. bentbiker

bentbiker

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  7. DannyII

DannyII

^^^This.

Sorry.

8. frontier2011

frontier2011 Give Me Brass

9. Radian

Radian

Sounds like you may have the opportunity to be thankful the gun was well enough made to contain a squib and plugged barrel.

Hope that is not the case.

10. Alchemy1

Alchemy1

He says and I already knew, everything looks perfect. He compared it to a customers used glock that came in asking about a laser and to one of the new, unfired, glocks in his display case. He looked that gun over for more than 2 hours. The only thing he said is it may be the lock block and then I showed him a few of the casings and he pointed out a square impression on each of them. He said something about the gun having "trouble" with the rounds and then whatever this "trouble" is lead to the failure. He basically is going to send it in. He said he would have swapped it out for a new one, but he didn't have any. I believe him because he only had two and I bought 1 of those. I'll post a pic of the casing when I get my camera out.

11. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

With all due respect, I will not own any model or make of handgun that will not function with Winchester White Box. I have run thousands of rounds of WWB through Glocks and Sigs with nary a problem including an old Gen. 2 Glock 22.

I work for a manufacturer and we sell chemicals to most of the major ammo makers save Remington. There is nothing wrong with WWB IMHO.

12. JBP55

JBP55

I have seen dozens and dozens of 9mm WWB fail to fire.

13. JBP55

JBP55

Sounds like this.

14. bentbiker

bentbiker

The bulged barrel can't be seen until you get the slide off (see previous link). The rectangular shape on the primer is raised and is from the pressure of the round as it is forced back against the breech face . . . that's the hole for the FP in the breech face. Your dealer is a bs artist.

15. Alchemy1

Alchemy1

He took the gun completely apart and looked it over. I took it apart (field stripped it) and it looks the same as the day I bought it and the same as all the other glocks he compared them to. He also tried racking it literally hundreds of times and there were no signs of scratching or wear on any obviously visible part.

Here is the pic. BTW, every round I could find looked like this. I was at a public range and the stall I was in was LITTERED with brass so I was only able to find about half of what I shot.
    [​IMG]

16. bentbiker

bentbiker

I didn't realize you'd gotten it apart. Does it now cycle without trying to seize up? Did you take a caliper to the barrel? If you have it apart, why does he say the locking block may have a problem? It takes the removal of two pins to check it. Have you looked through the barrel?

Your spent cases look perfectly normal.

17. themiller

themiller

what exactly did you expect to happen firing some of the cheapest ammo available?

18. Alchemy1

Alchemy1

Just got the call. He says the barrel is swollen about .003". USER ERROR! I swear I made sure that other slug was clear, but obviously I didn't. He says he is still going to call glock and get an RMA. He says he thinks they'll replace it. If not, I just cost myself $125:) At this point I don't care as long as I get it back soon.

19. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Every ammo manufacturer boxes an occasional bad round--squib, upside down primer, crunched up casing, weak crimp, etc.. That is why it is so important to check every round, regardless of price or manufacturer.

20. ca survivor

ca survivor

wow!!! hope you get that problem resolved.