close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Real-life Dillon No-B.S. Warranty write-up (before and after)

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by UltimateReloader, Jul 6, 2011.

1. UltimateReloader

UltimateReloader

Oct 19, 2009
    Hey GT'ers- my friend Lewis Curtis had a pretty major incident with his Dillon reloading press, and we fully documented the before and after situation with the Dillon No-B.S. warranty. The results were pretty amazing.

Here's the write-ups:
    Dillon No B.S. Warranty – Part 1 – Before
    Dillon No B.S. Warranty – Part 2 – After

Lewis sent in the press on his own, Dillon did not know this was being documented... Nothing was posted until the machine was back from Dillon...

Thanks,
    Gavin

2. EL_NinO619

EL_NinO619 EX-Swage Monkey

Aug 11, 2010
    San Diego
    Right on Dillon. That is why in near future i will be a Blue owner, It will look good next to my two red guys.

3. Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law

Nov 1, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    This does not surprise me in the least. They're a great company that stands 100% behind their product. Over the years I have had to call Dillon a few times on the phone to ask for assistance. The same applies, (i.e. expert help from technicians that truly know their product line and not hanging up until the matter is fully corrected to everyone's satisfaction). I've had my 550B for 5 years now and have the confidence I will have top notch support until they bury me in the back yard. I salute Dillon !!

4. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Hey Gavin, thank you for all the video's you do, it really helps people. Keep it up! I'm looking forward to more.

Great write up on the warranty, I was impressed. I know when I'm ready for a bigger press, it will be a 650 hands down.

5. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    That is why I own a Dillon.

Gavin, I like to videos too!

6. 2 Hawks

2 Hawks ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sep 11, 2005
    Ca/La.
    I've been dealing with Dillon since the early 80's. My first Dillon loader is the RL450 which I still use today. Their customer service has been (since way back) second to none. That's is why I always continue to buy from them, oh , and their catalogs rock too:supergrin:

7. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Jan 15, 2011
    :wow: Why cant more company's give service like that. Seriously that's the way to get life time customers.

8. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Not surprised...

Only thing that slightly surprised me, was they fixed the Casefeeder.

9. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Still Alive

Jul 15, 2010
    Biloxi, Mississippi
    Over 20 years ago, before Gore invented the internet I had a Dillon press literally self-destruct due to my own negligence. I gave Dillon a call, told the truth about what I did and they sent a pre-paid return shipping label. Within 2 weeks I received a brand new unit with all the latest upgrades and bells and whistles. Their customer service has always been second to none. I don’t do very much hand loading anymore but the old Dillon is still as good as new. (lesson learned: if it is jamming up, there is a reason. A bigger hammer is not the answer to all mechanical problems.) <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

10. cole

cole Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    No B.S. and no fine print. Simple. Rare. It's why I run Blue and recommend Blue to others.

11. njl

njl

Sep 28, 2000
    :noitacoL
    They must make a ton of money on something to be able to subsidize the reloading gear warranty. That's pretty amazing (though not surprising from Dillon) that they'd replace a case feeder that was dropped and broke, and swap out all the old parts (powder hoppers were obvious) for new ones while they were at it.

12. RemoW

RemoW

May 25, 2000
    Tucson, AZ
    I own 2 550s. I broke the freaking deprimer pin on my Dillon 223 die and one on a Dillon 9mm die. Both times I called and admitted I had tried to deprime berdan cases. I offered and intended to pay for new parts. They declined both times.

I had a problem with my primer feed. I called for help. Spent 2 hours on the phone with a tech. He decided that my coating had worn off. He sent me a new one, no charge.

There is no beating Dillon.

Dan...

13. kshutt

kshutt

Aug 24, 2001
    Oklahoma
    It really makes you wonder how they can afford to do all of that for everyone that seizes the opportunity. What an amazing company. I wish more manufacturing facilities (when they were still here) would have taken their cue from Mike Dillon.

14. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    Someone dropped a box of bullets on his Dillon Beam Scale. Crushed it. Dillon Replaced it for him.

15. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    Fixing the casefeeder amazed me also. I just wonder why they did not upgrade the powder measures to the Fail Safe system?

16. BK63

BK63

Sep 15, 2005
    CT
    I have called them for broken parts over the years and it was never an issue. If all companies were like this life would be good.

17. Bello

Bello America/Italia

Sep 24, 2008
    East Coast
    thats why i am for the blue team go dillon hahha

18. alank2

alank2

May 24, 2004
  19. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Not to derail a thread, but.... Where the heck have you been...

IGF

20. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    [​IMG]

Is that stupid penguin filming other naked penguins?

The both of you are perverts. :whistling:

Jack