Ready for my first 1911

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by partridge, Apr 7, 2013.

1. STI trojan or spartan.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Armscor 1911s bro. You cant go wrong with that. Here in the U.S., avid shooters here have high respect for the Philippine made 1911's from Armscor. Shooters prefer the Rock Island Armory (Armscor) over other cheap 1911's like Paraordnance GI expert and Springfield Mil-spec. They claim that after shooting a thousand rounds through the Armscor 1911s they have yet to encounter a gun-related misfire. That's what I intend to get next time. Go Rock Island Armory (Armscor), proudly Philippine made!

3. 1911's are only dependable after you find the right ammuniton to feed it..... G's will shoot anything... I had a SA 1911A1 I got rid of because it was more tempermental than i want it to be. I have NO patiance, and im stubborn. I know this....

If I had to pick a 1911 id go with SA....
    :D

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

#23 cmr287, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  4. colt?.....new one?......jams straight out of the box....was it catsmeow that experienced that?.....from fedguns?.....anyway that what i recall from one of the threads here.

my personal experience.....sti trojan 40......flawless out of the box.

5. Sig Sauer 1911, I got a black Nitron finished gun.

I liked it so much I bought another one! This time in Stainless Steel.

It is a fantastic weapon.

If you get the Armscor/philipine model at half the price, you'll get half the weapon.

Chuck

6. the colt I got from federal guns was shooting everything I fed it. its 80 series without the 80 engraved. I thing SAM store in cubao has the 70 series in stock.

para has a single stack 1911 also. sigs are available at pb dionisio and twinpines.. they carry different models at different prices.

7. My SA RO has been trouble free for aeveral hundred rounds with all types of ammo

8. Don't forget size too :)
    full, commander or officer???
    Take everything into consideration so that buy once for a collector's item.

9. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Baka fake yung colt mo mark hahaha

10. Yes, that was me, Colt Rail Gun from fedguns, I was so excited upon getting it that I went straight to Armscor MCS, it did fine on the first mag, then started choking, couldn't get through one mag without at least two or three malfunctions. In frustration I brought it to True Weight and they adjusted the extractor, it now works fine. Sometimes there's a malfunction or two every 100 rounds but probably magazine-related, I'll try to find out right after the gun ban.

But really, I expected better from COLT, can't believe they let such a lemon get out of Hartford, with machine marks on the ejection port area too. Still, it's a Colt...

11. ika nga sabi nila sa bundok.....colt? ORIG yan!....ano sayo?....me: sti......ayyyy PEKE yan.....me: oo, cge na nga...fake kung fake....(inside my mind) IDIOT hehehehe.

12. Colt has been using barrels with dimple for the last 5 years or more. It is said to aid in feeding with all types of bullet, especially hollowpoints. I believe until now only Colt is using this dimpled barrel, much like it started with the M4 ramp in their M4s.

#32 combat, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  13. Napansin ko lang sa colt commander ko dati
    Kelangan ng break in , a little tuning ( very little lang dapat ) , and orig colt magazines only
    The gun is more than a hundred years old, kaya pagbigyan nyo na :)
    But when it's running a hundred percent, there's no better gun for a newbie or super pistolero