close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

RE: Home Defense without a firearm

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Frank V, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Frank V

Frank V

Jan 20, 2011
    S.W. Montana
    Massad
    I just read the question by the fellow from Australia. I am not familiar with their law either, but wonder if a can of OC would be a viable backup if things got really fast & nasty?
    Here in Montana we have most sporting goods stores selling Bear Spray, it may not be more powerful than regualr OC, but is designed to put out a huge volume of OC that an attacker would have to go through. It might stop the situation altogether or at least give time for other defenses? Of course we know about the dangers of getting it on ourselves. I don't know about shipping laws, but several mail order catalogs carry it.
    Thanks Frank

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Frank, thanks for your advice; I'm sure the OP appreciates it too.

Aren't we glad we live here instead of there?

I think the OP should open a thread elsewhere in GT where we can get a lot more input from a lot more folks, including (hopefully) some who've had to come to terms with the situation in Australia. Personally, I've never been there.

Thanks again,
    Mas