close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rcommended Airgun Source

Discussion in 'The Airgun and Paintball Club' started by Tennessee Slim, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Tennessee Slim

Tennessee Slim
    Expand Collapse
    Señor Member
    CLM

Can anyone recommend a reliable and reasonably-priced online airgun merchant? I want a Beeman R-9 Goldfinger in .20 cal. Because the $ is so weak against the €, I knew they’d be steep but they’re currently YIKES!!! $522.95 at my usual spot (Airgun Express). I’ve found them listed for ~$100 less at other places that appear to be sort of fly-by-night and don’t have any provision for online purchases (Pomona Airguns, etc.) but, because I’m in Iraq, I’m disinclined to waste a stateside telephone call to a merchant whose business methods are stuck in the 20th Century ;-).

So does anyone know a reputable source who doesn’t hold the Goldfinger so dear?

2. gruntmedik

gruntmedik
    Expand Collapse
    Honk Honk
    CLM

3. Tennessee Slim

Tennessee Slim
    Expand Collapse
    Señor Member
    CLM

Thank you, gruntmedik. They didn’t have the rifle I was looking for but their web site led me back to Pomona Airguns. I’d tried to avoid dealing with them because they don’t do web sales and, living in Iraq, having to telephone the US to place an order is a PITA. Anyway, I called Pomona and ordered one for $439. Even though they undercut Airgun Express by nearly $100, it’s probably the most expensive airgun I’ll every own (although it’s still reasonable, in the Krieghoff sense of the word).
    :rofl:

Not five minutes after I’d sruck the blow with Pomona, I got an E-mail reply from Airguns of Arizona, who had the same gun in stock ...for $489!!!

4. gruntmedik

gruntmedik
    Expand Collapse
    Honk Honk
    CLM

Glad I could help. :supergrin: