Ratmil Cugir Romak 2

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by 21GlockStreet, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Does anyone know the thread pitch of the muzzle brake for the ROMAK 2? Is it 24x1.5 RH thread or 14 x 1 LH thread? I wnat to remove and replace the tack welded threaded original. Also, can the Dragonuv style stock be removed and replaced with pistol grip and standard stock (am aware of asinine 922 compliance)? This particular model was made in 1997.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I have both the Cur2 and Romak2 and have been told and have read that there are no threads under that spot welded muzzle nut. Good luck on your adventure.

3. I know nothing about the threads, but as to the stock, yeah, as long as you have 922(r) compliance.

4. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

They were imported with fake, non-threaded thread protectors welded on them. The muzzle is thinner than other AK-74 barrels. They can take a 1/2x28 thread. The military Romanian 5.45 muzzle brake fits a threaded front sight base that is threaded 22 mm. The muzzle brakes were popular retrofits during the AWB because the ATF ruled the Romanian muzzle brake a non-flash hider. The standard AK-74 muzzle brake was ruled as being a flash hider. Many of the Romanian ones that were imported were fitted to AR15's and other 223 rifles by welding. This caused a surplus of threaded Romanian 5.45 front bases and a shortage of muzzle brakes that thread on them.

The Romanian 5.45 barrel is narrower in diameter than an AK-74 from the gas block to the muzzle. The standard AK-74 parts are not a direct fit. 14 mm left hand threads are too large for the small diameter muzzle of the Romanian barrel.

5. Thanks for the replies. You learn something new every day. I've had this weapon since late 1997. I've had no problems with it. I probably only put 600 rounds through it because the ammo supply has always been sporadic and I dont want to expend all remaining.