Rasmussen: Romney Now Ahead in FL & VA, Just 1% Behind in OH

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Paul7, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Yup -- NoVA is indeed ugly. The rest of Virginia, from Prince William and Loudoun County out (and even western Fairfax), have to hold the center.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Expect the questions to focus on abortion, gay marriage, illegal immigration, welfare, medicare, social security, and all of the other environmental and social issues that the Democrats love to hang the Republicans on.

Candy Crowley is an uber lib and has stated since the first debate that she thinks the moderator needs to exert more control.

#22 onebigelf, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  3. What you've shown is that you don't know what a strawman is. A strawman is when you distort your opponents position and then argue against the distortion. I saw no one exempting Rassmussen from criticism when their polls showed Obama leading in virtually every swing state. And I see no distortion in saying that you right wingers complained about every poll being skewed, sometimes by as much as 20%.

But magically, when Willard gets in to the margin of error, all that's forgotten.
  4. Hey, Flint...I've been meaning to ask. The debate started at 9:00pm, and DU went into seclusion about 9:33pm for some reason. 'Sup widdat...?
  5. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator.

Let me get this straight. We're right wingers (I understand because we like guns and all) so you're a left winger?

Or, I bet you're a moderate centrist, right?
  6. I'd say, at least on this issue, is that most of the people on this forum are either ignorant or hypocritical, or both.
  7. No, no,no,

as you can see by his answer in the post above, he is "Special".
  8. If by special you mean I don't have my head up my ass, then you're right.

9. And anybody who doesn't agree with you must have.

Typical liberal.
  10. There's a difference between having legitimate disagreement with people and having to deal with people who are so dishonest that they won't acknowledge a completely different position that they held just a week ago.
  11. It's boring when all you get out of the Obama people are the DU talking points and an "If you don't agree, you're dumb" out of them.

You just throw out the latest jingo from DU and insult anyone who doesn't agree.

Dry up and blow away
  12. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Straw man, who's saying the Rassmussen polls of a week ago weren't accurate?
  13. Ok, I'll make this simple for you. Last week, here at GTPI, was nearly everyone complaining that the polls were inaccurate and that it was a deliberate effort by the pollsters to lie... or not?
  14. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR

Oh, I'd sip any of the above with you and never bat an eye. But when I'm buying, it's Glenlivet.
  15. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR

That is PRECISELY what you did. You took the subject matter at hand - that the polls have swung in the swing states, offering some change in favor of Romney - and distorted the view that no one here holds any credence in ANY poll, since we hold the skewed ones in no significant regard. Then you argue against that.

Just as you are doing now - making a strawman out of the use of the word strawman.

Rasmussen has been offering polls as the whole country, not as individual states. The polls that were being questioned were not Rasmussen, they were the ones who were skewed in favor of the Dem.

Polls are what they are. I will state here just what I would state were it the other way around - it ain't over until it is.
  16. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR

Should be easy to prove. We'll be waiting.

Of course, I suppose since your hero, Obama, couldn't be bothered to do so when he had the podium, but instead waited until it was over to cry "liar" without a shred of proof, that's probably the tack you'll take too, eh?
  17. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR

Your generalization is your error.