Rare Glock 1st Generation G19 Pics

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by Coogan, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Coogan

Coogan Original "G"

From the price list of the 1990 edition of the Gun Digest.

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Found a Very Rare Unicorn... My 2nd Holy grail of all Glocks...Gen 1 17L ported General Glocking Jul 28, 2015
    How rare is the Glock 24C? General Glocking Feb 9, 2015
    How rare are the FDE Glock 22 mags General Glocking Sep 28, 2014
    WTS/TT Rare Shuey ported Glock 23 hybrid slide. Gun Parts & Accessories Aug 7, 2014
    Your chance to own one of the rarest Glocks... Firearms Listings Aug 2, 2014

3. Prices have stayed pretty much the same...unlike ammo.

4. slewfoot

slewfoot Random Mayhem

I wonder what that pistol would go for now? Unfired in mint condition.

Glock has done a fine job of holding the costs down.

5. RyanSBHF

RyanSBHF Senior Member

Does anybody here own one of them?

6. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

I took this pic through the glass of the Glock Collectors association display at the NRA show a couple years back:
    [​IMG]

And this one belongs to one of our members here on GlockTalk:
    [​IMG]

:patriot:

7. ....would LOVE a 1st genn G17

let alone 1st genn G19...:faint:

<---just had a mild heart attack just thinking bout it:wow:

8. The Holy Grail of Glocks!

9. ki4dmh

ki4dmh Glock Lover

I love my 1st. Gen G-17.:wavey:

10. I think American Handgunner still uses that pic in its Buyer's Guide every year. LOL

11. I have never seen a Gen 1 in person, But we have a dealer here that has a brand new unfired Gen 2 in his shop, I can close to buying it but decided on the G-19, Be Safe, Dave

12. i have a first generation g17 and it still to this day fires flawlessly....about 2 years ago i sent it to the Glock Factory and they hooked me up with some new internal stuff and gave me a sweet case, all for $0. Glock Freakin Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Nice! I also remember that Spectre advertised that is no longer available.:cool:

14. I saw a first generation Glock 17 for sale on Gun Broker yesterday. I do not remember the price.

15. Rainman

Rainman Forgiven!

I have a 1st gen. G17. I perfer the grip on it over the 2nd and 3rd gen grip. Slightly rough but slick, feels great. I took a pic. of it with a new 3rd gen slide on it just to see how it would look.

Hey Butch, that sure looks like a G17 frame cut down at the mag well to shorten it? What do you think? Notice the 1/2" smooth edge around the G17 frame at the bottom. The 19 is cut off on an angle???

[​IMG]

16. Rainman

Rainman Forgiven!

Ahh, just read the card in the case. It's a crying shame Glockd didn't make a load of the 1st gen 19's, and have done it right to make the frame look completely like the 17's frame (like the next 2 gens of Glocks). I think it's a custom job maybe on a 17 frame.

17. TreeTrooper

TreeTrooper Shhhhh...

What is the serial number range for 1st/2nd generation G19s? My 19 has been with me for a LONG time. I bought it new around 1990 (I believe).

18. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

There are only two serial number prefix's associated with first generation Glocks that I'm aware of, 'AN' and 'DN'.

'AN' was used on the first sample G17's that were imported for submission tot the BATF, and I would tend to guess the same would be true for the G19.

'DN' was also used on the first of the second generation G19's, which tends to confirm that there aren't very many first generation G19's at all.

What's the serial number prefix on yours? And the date code on the barrel (if it has one)?

19. TreeTrooper

TreeTrooper Shhhhh...

The prefix is ATM. It is a 2nd generation 19 (did a little research).

20. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

It was probably made late in 1993, but that prefix has not been entered in our serial number project yet.

You should call Glock to ask when it was made/imported and post it to the project! :)

21. TreeTrooper

TreeTrooper Shhhhh...

I'll do that :)