Rare G30 9 round mag... Need opinion?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MSims, Feb 6, 2013.

1. So even before the frenzy of panic buying these G30 9 round mag was hard to get since they discontinued making them... But why they are awesome with and without a pinky extension an ultimate CCW setup...

I have one mag that i dont need... I would like to trade it for maybe 2 9mm mags for the G30 9 round mag... You think its fair or you think im not being fair?

I understand if it was a G30 10 round mag that is everywhere then the trade wouldnt be fair but these 9 round mags you cant find anywhere even before the craziness...

So am i fair or not fair... Thanks for honest opinions...

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Military selects rarely used charge for Bergdahl case Political Issues Sep 7, 2015
    Rare 9mm videos General Firearms Forum Aug 18, 2015
    WTS... Very rare Pre Ban Gen 1 Glock 18 33rd mag... Gun Parts & Accessories Aug 11, 2015
    WTS: Very Rare Bulman IWB Holster G19/23 NIB. SOLD! Holsters & Related Items Aug 6, 2015
    Found a Very Rare Unicorn... My 2nd Holy grail of all Glocks...Gen 1 17L ported General Glocking Jul 28, 2015

3. Not fair. Glockpolishing on Ebay has them for around $38.00 shipped. You won't find a 9mm mag on the bay for that price. Cheapest is around $50

4. Why not just put a 20/21 baseplate on the 10-round 30 mag??
  5. It has the pinky extension on it also...
  6. Your right just saw it on there...
  7. What does?

If you put a 21 baseplate on a 30 10-round mag, would it not make the mag fit flush, and give you 9 rounds?

I'm not saying it'll work, because I haven't actually tried, but it seems like it would make sense... The extension on the 10-round 30 mag seems to be just like any of the other extensions out there, but it's just shaped to be a pinky extension.
  8. No u can't make it a 9 round mag the mag is to long and the baseplate is actually flush on the 10 rounder even though it looks like an extension...
  9. cadillacguns

Millennium Member

Me neither, I could be, may be, sometimes am, but I dont think a G-30 ten rounder can be made into a nine rounder or vis versa with simple base plate changes.The mag bases are different for their respective base plates to fit.

I bought a bunch of 9 and 10 rds G-30 mags, and dont own a .45.

Wanting a G-30s though!
    #8 cadillacguns, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  10. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

The pictures below illustrate the difference between the G30 10-rnd and 9-rnd mags. The factory 9-rnd mag is the only way to have a flush fit mag for the G30.

#9 GRT45, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  11. Ahh, I stand corrected!
  12. nice pics...very helpful...I may have to look into the Pearce G30 floor plates...thanks...