Rare G30 9 round mag... Need opinion?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MSims, Feb 6, 2013.

1. So even before the frenzy of panic buying these G30 9 round mag was hard to get since they discontinued making them... But why they are awesome with and without a pinky extension an ultimate CCW setup...

I have one mag that i dont need... I would like to trade it for maybe 2 9mm mags for the G30 9 round mag... You think its fair or you think im not being fair?

I understand if it was a G30 10 round mag that is everywhere then the trade wouldnt be fair but these 9 round mags you cant find anywhere even before the craziness...

So am i fair or not fair... Thanks for honest opinions...

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Rare Footage The Lighter Side Today at 8:29 AM
    Military selects rarely used charge for Bergdahl case Political Issues Sep 7, 2015
    Rare 9mm videos General Firearms Forum Aug 18, 2015
    WTS... Very rare Pre Ban Gen 1 Glock 18 33rd mag... Gun Parts & Accessories Aug 11, 2015
    WTS: Very Rare Bulman IWB Holster G19/23 NIB. SOLD! Holsters & Related Items Aug 6, 2015

3. Not fair. Glockpolishing on Ebay has them for around $38.00 shipped. You won't find a 9mm mag on the bay for that price. Cheapest is around $50

4. Why not just put a 20/21 baseplate on the 10-round 30 mag??
  5. It has the pinky extension on it also...
  6. Your right just saw it on there...
  7. What does?

If you put a 21 baseplate on a 30 10-round mag, would it not make the mag fit flush, and give you 9 rounds?

I'm not saying it'll work, because I haven't actually tried, but it seems like it would make sense... The extension on the 10-round 30 mag seems to be just like any of the other extensions out there, but it's just shaped to be a pinky extension.
  8. No u can't make it a 9 round mag the mag is to long and the baseplate is actually flush on the 10 rounder even though it looks like an extension...
  9. cadillacguns

Millennium Member

Me neither, I could be, may be, sometimes am, but I dont think a G-30 ten rounder can be made into a nine rounder or vis versa with simple base plate changes.The mag bases are different for their respective base plates to fit.

I bought a bunch of 9 and 10 rds G-30 mags, and dont own a .45.

Wanting a G-30s though!
    #8 cadillacguns, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  10. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

The pictures below illustrate the difference between the G30 10-rnd and 9-rnd mags. The factory 9-rnd mag is the only way to have a flush fit mag for the G30.

#9 GRT45, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  11. Ahh, I stand corrected!
  12. nice pics...very helpful...I may have to look into the Pearce G30 floor plates...thanks...