close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ranges that take unlicensed civilians?

Discussion in 'Tri State Glockers' started by Unnamed, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Unnamed

Unnamed

May 14, 2002
    NYC
    I'm a NYC LEO and I'd like to take a coworker (support staff, non-sworn) shooting since she's never fired a gun, even though she works in law enforcement. I'm having trouble finding a range in the tri-state area that is willing to let me bring her along. She would be firing my own handguns, but most ranges seem to require that even guests have a pistol license. I expected New York to be this difficult, but was hoping that somewhere in the surrounding area the laws would be a little more lenient. Can anyone suggest a range where I could take her?

2. Wil Ufgood

Wil Ufgood GTDS #88 CLM

Mar 20, 2009
    Out There

3. Alan Antopol

Alan Antopol

Dec 29, 2003
    NY, NY
    From my experience, ranges in Jersey allow adults without permits to shoot. They ask only for your driver's license.

www.shoreshotpistolrange.com is a good range in Lakewood.

Have a fine weekend! Alan

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  4. Fastphil

Fastphil USA

Nov 21, 2010
    New Jersey
    Bullet Hole Bellvile nj let my daugher shoot

5. James Dean

James Dean

Jan 31, 2010
    East of Eden
    Come to NJ. You won't have a problem. Even my kids shoot.

6. Broomcornsuncle

Broomcornsuncle

Aug 21, 2010
    That is a popular North Jersey spot. One of the few 'round here.

7. xxwhytmykxx

xxwhytmykxx

Nov 21, 2009
    bullethole is closer and cheaper ($13 per lane per hour)

shoreshot is $20/person per hour. however they do rent guns if you wanna see other rifles/handguns and is rarely crowded.

8. snowcrash75

snowcrash75

Mar 15, 2010
    Thumbd up for the bullethole. Take the lincoln to rt 3, its real easy to get to. Staff is pleasent and the rates are pretty good. Not sure about the legality of u bringing firearms into Nj, but i guess as an LEO u probly know where to find those answers :)

9. He's covered under LEOSA.

Unnamed: Just make sure you make probation before you bring the cute office tail to the range. I know my job would have had an issue, especially if its an issued duty weapon.