close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ranger T series disappearing?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Jim173, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Jim173

Jim173

Jan 27, 2011
    VA
    I went to the Winston-Salem gunshow and i bought a couple of boxes of Ranger T series ammunition from a dealer, we got to talking and he told me that id better get it while i can because it might be gone soon, that was all that he would tell me. Does anybody know if there is any truth to this or is this something he told me to drum up business for himself? If so i would like to know the details.

2. 9mmParabellum

9mmParabellum

Jul 11, 2010
    I doubt it they sell why not keep making them. I shoot a 9mm and I carry 124gr Gold Dot I have some 127gr +P+ however, three more grains go figure the Gold Dots are just as good.

3. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    What did you pay? Sounds like he was just trying to sell you more.

4. Jim173

Jim173

Jan 27, 2011
    VA
    i only paid 27 dollars a box for 50 rds of .45 acp it was 230gr jhp. the way he was talking about it he said that he has a hard time getting it because he didnt have an LE contract but he buys it from someone who does.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  5. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

It is drying up but it is only because were are between production runs. By Spring we should have out last quarter of 2010 orders coming into stock.

6. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    Check some online ammo sites. Cheaper than dirt usually has them.

7. Dogguy

Dogguy

Aug 2, 2008
    Soggy South.
    Winchester restricts sale of Ranger ammo to LE agencies. It's available to the general public occasionally through some distributors. So, I guess it could be true that his supply might be gone soon due to his supplier's stock running out. Doesn't mean it's not being made anymore, just that it's not consistently available to Joe Sixpack.